Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beating Rafa on clay is a massive task but this year he's had huge trouble, even when he's winning unless he faces a fangirl like Monaco or Berdych. In most matches it's in his opponents' racquets. Rafa himself can only push, waiting for his opponent to commit an error.

But what helps Rafa at RG is Bo5. Thanks to his superb stamina, he can outlast his opponents. But who could beat him at RG then?

Djokovic - An obvious choice, has great stamina and plays better than Nadal.
Wawrinka - If he's on fire at RG, Rafa will be blown off the court. Win against Djokovic at RG showed he has enough stamina for 5-setters.
Nishikori - Was totally outplaying Nadal in Madrid final. Unless he's injured, I don't see why he couldn't take three sets.
Ferrer - Doesn't have the heaviest balls on the tour but if he took a two-set lead, my money would be on him to win the match.

And who will not do it:

Federer - No matter how badly Rafa is playing, his game still works against Roger. Topspin to BH -> shank for three sets.
Berdych - Probably will have stomach issues already in the night before.
Monaco - :superlol:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Andrew OBE "Clayray" Murray

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
RG will grant dull a set of Mugnacos as usual. And Wawrinka will land in Djoker's half.
Not a news dull will be granted fluke draws in almost every slam he plays since US Open 2010.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Hmm what can beat Nadal at RG? Injured Nishikori, injured Novak, my Grandma, Uncle Toni's ice cold glare, being booed of the courts for fake MTO, someone hitting more than 2 winners per set.....

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Any player with decent bakchand, movement and serve has at least a little chance to trouble him.
Would be interesting too see Nadal-Klizan on 1st week. Martin was in horrible form last year yet still won a set.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Any player with decent bakchand, movement and serve has at least a little chance to trouble him.
Would be interesting too see Nadal-Klizan on 1st week. Martin was in horrible form last year yet still won a set.
Negative..Top notch stamina is a must or you end up being ground down into dust..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ferrer, Almagro, Djokovic, Wawrinka. Isner if he has a good day. Dimitrov/Gulbis could get close, since they seem to thrive on big wins to follow them up by lunatic losses. That's about it I guess, Federer should've the game, but doesn't have the mind, Murray has no back at all, Del Potro lacks a wrist, Berdych lacks the desire.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Hmm what can beat Nadal at RG? Injured Nishikori, injured Novak, my Grandma, Uncle Toni's ice cold glare, being booed of the courts for fake MTO, someone hitting more than 2 winners per set.....
certainly not jowilly, slade , moonball pusher, doktor karpet and slice ace antics together.

Keep dreaming hater :haha: :lol:

:bigwave:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Nole lost to murray on straight sets in a grandslam final... need to say more? :lol:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Hell, I'd say Murray has a shot at RG if they meet. That's how poorly Nadal is playing compared to earlier to years.

As for the obvious, Djokovic and Wawrinka are the main players who I can see definitely beating him. I'd say outside chances for Ferrer, Murray and Federer who have a good shot.

If they play their best and Nadal stays in this form, a good majority of the top 20 can do damage, especially the clay courters: Robredo, Fognini etc.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The way Nadal played today, on a Bo5? Peak Djokovic and that's about it.

This year Nadal looks beatable on clay, but for him to be taken out in a best of 5 on clay you need the perfect combination of Crapdull showing up, Toni's draw rigging power to malfunction and whoever is on the other side of the net to be in the zone for most of the match.

And somehow I still think Nadal isn't winning any slams this year. Or any of the Big 4, for that matter.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
The way Nadal played today, on a Bo5? Peak Djokovic and that's about it.

This year Nadal looks beatable on clay, but for him to be taken out in a best of 5 on clay you need the perfect combination of Crapdull showing up, Toni's draw rigging power to malfunction and whoever is on the other side of the net to be in the zone for most of the match.

And somehow I still think Nadal isn't winning any slams this year. Or any of the Big 4, for that matter.
Want to bet on that?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts