Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was put forward as an argument that Tipsy is a better player than Roddick.

Who do you think is a better player, Roddick or Tipsarevic?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Of course Tipsy. The guy never lost a GS final.

Reactions: samanosuke

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course Tipsy. The guy never lost a GS final.
But did he ever win one?

Is this another lame attempt to convince people it's better not to make Slam finals so you have a better resume when you retire?

·
Registered
969 Posts
But did he ever win one?

Is this another lame attempt to convince people it's better not to make Slam finals so you have a better resume when you retire?
No. He never won one. But GS titles are overrated. I never lost a professional tennis match- which makes me a GOAT candidate. Not to mention that Tipsy is friends with Nole. Which makes him a far better player than Roddick. Or Federer for that matter.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Troicki is better than both :shrug:

·
Registered
638 Posts
you should have been more specific in the poll OP: who's better right now or who's better carreer wise? In both cases the answer is obvious.

·
Registered
934 Posts
H2H is 2-2, however both Tipsy's victories are at slams, so... :shrug: :angel:
And Roddick has positive H2H over Djokovic. H2H are really of little importance especially if the matches are happening before or past your peak.

Right now of course it's Tipsarevic but overall? Only an idiot "weak era" propagandist would claim Tipsarevic is better than Roddick.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Tipsarevic at the moment is the better player just like I've stated in the other thread. He's got a decent forehand and backhand. His return of serve was good enough to help him go the distance against tough opponents. He's not afraid of going for big winners against big opponents. He's better than Roddick at the moment. Roddick's serve is crumbling, weak backhand again, forehand is mediocre, clearly at this point in time, Tipsarevic is the better player and the ranking doesn't lie. If I were a top 8 player, I'd rather face Roddick, than Tipsarevic, since Tipsy's game is more dangerous since he's got more weapons in the bag.

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Better at what? Playing tennis or fixing?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Tipsarevic at the moment is the better player just like I've stated in the other thread. He's got a decent forehand and backhand. His return of serve was good enough to help him go the distance against tough opponents. He's not afraid of going for big winners against big opponents. He's better than Roddick at the moment. Roddick's serve is crumbling, weak backhand again, forehand is mediocre, clearly at this point in time, Tipsarevic is the better player and the ranking doesn't lie. If I were a top 8 player, I'd rather face Roddick, than Tipsarevic, since Tipsy's game is more dangerous since he's got more weapons in the bag.
Don't try to weasel out of it now. You were comparing Tipsarevic to '06 Roddick and according to you:

Tipsarevic might be an inconsistent player, but he still has more overall quality than Roddick does. The only thing Roddick has over him is one lucky slam.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts