Mens Tennis Forums banner

Better year: 2011 Djoker vs 2006 Roger Federer?

1 - 20 of 586 Posts

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the year is over for Nole, what do you think? Who had the better year?

Federer 3 slams, 1 slam final, undefeated at the TMC, 12 titles 92-5 ( 6 titles post Wimbledon)

Djokovic 3 slams, 1 slam semi, 2 losses RR of the WTF, 10 titles, 70-6 ( 2 titles post Wimbledon)

The former thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=189890

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The other poll was deemed unfair because it was created before the year was done. Now it is. And the poll is public. :)

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
We dont need thread at all .....2006 is better ....I will open then Fed 2005 against Novak 2011 for Novak to win and for Djokotards to gloat...pathetic

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We dont need thread at all .....2006 is better ....I will open then Fed 2005 against Novak 2011 for Novak to win and for Djokotards to gloat...pathetic
But I don't understand, Nole had more than 100 votes in the other thread...

I am sure those individuals still feel the same way, otherwise why would they have voted for Nole in the first place?

Congratulation for the correct use of the term Djokotard. Noletard or Fakertard would have been also acceptable.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts

I am sure those individuals still feel the same way, otherwise why would they have voted for Nole in the first place?
At that point it was ....It was post US Open and he had 2 loses and 3 Slams and 5 Masters

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
not even controversial anymore

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I dont get you Fed fans ....your guy is the GOAT not only in success but in talent and game won 16GS was number 1 for 5 or so years and you have need to gloat.....why dont you relax and watch WTF till the end and support him instead of bragging about him all the time ...

·
Premium Member
21,367 Posts

Congratulation for the correct use of the term Djokotard. Noletard or Fakertard would have been also acceptable.
When the thread was opened, Nole's season was superior, that's why :shrug: He performed poorly in the last two months - the bad part is the last two months are also a part of the season. The good part is that they are not so important part of the season :cool: Anyway, Fed can have his record, 3 slams + everything else Nole did is good enough for us :D

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can assure you that I am not tense at the moment.

Guga2120 :rolls:

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
I dont get you Fed fans ....your guy is the GOAT not only in success but in talent and game won 16GS was number 1 for 5 or so years and you have need to gloat.....why dont you relax and watch WTF till the end and support him instead of bragging about him all the time ...
you say that as if Djokovic fans weren't gloating when the streak was going

schadenfreude is one of the greatest pleasures in life you know

·
Registered
969 Posts
Fed 2006. But not by far. To use a soccer metaphor, he won it with a goal on the last minute of the match.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wait five years. When your man is still a top dog, but being challenged by new young guns. The losing and inconsistencies increase. The despair of defeat snatched from the jaws of victory with wasted match points. Watching a great of the game lose when before they'd win easily. Throwing away 2 set leads. Missing a gazillion break points. You'll know how Fedtards feel then. We know success. We've celebrated brilliance. We've seen greateness. But when your man falters, loses to guys ranked 10-20 in the world in a slam, throws away winning positions, serves like a WTA player, then you know why people become a little, shall we say, insecure.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fed 2006. But not by far. To use a soccer metaphor, he won it with a goal on the last minute of the match.
Seems to me that Federer dominated the second half...

Reactions: Yandr001

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
This is not even debatable.

2006 is the greatest

92-5?

T H I S I S S P A R T A !
I am not here to gloat or create drama but some will argue that John McEnroe states that 2011 is the best year he has seen a player play and use that as a source of argument, others may add on to the credibility that Pete Sampras agrees.

One thing that some have pointed out on other threads and comes again to attention is the fact that 3 out of the top four players were so banged up and out of shape for this year end championships and then some argue that these are the best athletes of all time. For starters they are all under what 26 and they are already all banged up? Will they even be in the top 10 by age 28? Here we see how Federer has been blessed with being mostly injury free and how his more proactive game style has served him to age well in tennis.

By the way Novak did have a significant achievement in winning 5 master series events in one year and I believe that will remain unrivaled for a few seasons, certainly that's one out of Rogers reach.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I think it should also be taken into account that Fed played a lot more matches in 2006 - about 20 more, that's not just a little bit, that's the equivalent of about 4 tournaments.

1 - 20 of 586 Posts