Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw someone signature pointing to the endless debate.

His example was Federer faced more Hall of Famers then Rafa.

So this starting to make me thinking, who are worthy of this.

I need to check who is already in, anyone got a link?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Hewitt.

2 slams minimum for HoF plus you need some other good things - so as a comparison I would say Kafelnikov didn't really do enough, likewise Rafter because beyond their two slams they didn't win much. No masters for YK and only two for Rafter.

Hewitt gets in because of his YEC and his two years at #1 as opposed to very short stays, Murray gets in because of way more masters titles and Olympic Gold in an era where that is a big deal (as opposed to some of the earlier OGs)

This is going on the basis of current acceptance criteria. Not the criteria that some posters have dreamed up for the HoF that is significantly more stringent.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Agree with most suggestions so far, would add Paes into the HOF also. Did lots for Tennis in India, doubles all time great etc etc. Bhupathi probs has an argument for HOF too.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Forgot about doubles - would agree with Bryans, Nestor and Paes.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Mirnyi

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If one of the most important criteria is Slam winners. Most of the players in the Fedalovic era are screwed.

Some sports have a low bar and some have a high bar to get in.

Because we ahve only had 3 players at nº1 in last 10 years, 6 Slam winners in same amount of time there isnt much room for the next tier of players, although most dont deserve to be mentioned in this argument.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
If one of the most important criteria is Slam winners. Most of the players in the Fedalovic era are screwed.

Some sports have a low bar and some have a high bar to get in.

Because we ahve only had 3 players at nº1 in last 10 years, 6 Slam winners in same amount of time there isnt much room for the next tier of players, although most dont deserve to be mentioned in this argument.
Well, Delpo and Stan would have a chance if they win another major or two.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What about Roddick? I think it's really close. Year end no.1 and a slam, plus 4 other slam finals and major consistency, staying in the top 5 for a long, long time. But I think at the end of the day it won't cut it.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
What about Roddick? I think it's really close. Year end no.1 and a slam, plus 4 other slam finals and major consistency, staying in the top 5 for a long, long time. But I think at the end of the day it won't cut it.
He is not an active player. But, yeah, I think he will also be in the Hall.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Well, Delpo and Stan would have a chance if they win another major or two.
I think they might get it with one more slam each, simply because they are playing in an era where most of the big prizes have been gobbled up by others, but normally I'd say their showing at Masters events is way below what you'd expect, nor do they have impressive rankings records. If they won another slam, the rankings arguments might take care of themselves.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
FEDERER, NADAL, DJOKOVIC. 4 slam minimum in MY HOF! Those who only play doubles are not worthy of being in the HOF, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts