Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. In late rounds of Cinci and also in first round of Open Djoko-Dzumbur I noticed pretty crowded clusters of people in the stands considering it should be empty stadium. I mean besides coaches who are all those people? Journalist?

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Yeah, I notice that too.

Many people print fake journalist documents to enter. Even a friend of my friend managed to enter Cincy final, and he does not have any real media credentials, just used his contacts. The USO final will host even more 'journalists' shouting and chanting in the stands, I believe.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
They're players and their teams and anyone working in the stadium who's not working at that time ... anyone who's in the "bubble" they have little else to do.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Question is: how much would you pay to watch your favourite player defeating Djokovic in a 5-set epic USO final playing almost exclusively for you and 50 other people?
Would you prefer the "exclusivity" of an empty stadium over the atmosphere of a full arena? Even if the tennis is great, it would never be "epic".

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Would you prefer the "exclusivity" of an empty stadium over the atmosphere of a full arena? Even if the tennis is great, it would never be "epic".
None the less it must be a pretty special feeling for them to basically play in front of you and a handful of other people.

That‘s amazing. Can‘t lie would love to be there.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Question is: how much would you pay to watch your favourite player defeating Djokovic in a 5-set epic USO final playing almost exclusively for you and 50 other people?
That would be something.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Yeah, that's why many people pull the contacts card. I think the final will have at least 50 to 70 people.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Peaceful protestors against pushing, should be more.

·
Administrator
9,536 Posts
Question is how much you wanna pay for Djokovic straight setting this field

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I notice that too.

Many people print fake journalist documents to enter. Even a friend of my friend managed to enter Cincy final, and he does not have any real media credentials, just used his contacts. The USO final will host even more 'journalists' shouting and chanting in the stands, I believe.
I knew human longing for socialization prevails over any virus threat :) I dont think it is a necessary bad thing - at least there is some level of normalcy during matches.

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
I mean they do have those enclosed boxes at US Open, wouldn't be surprised if they are a 10,000 dollar ticket or something like that.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
players
coaches
family members
friends
staff
volunteers
journalists
donors
organizers
board members
caterers
kids
contest winners
television
etc...............

·
Registered
137 Posts
That would be really something: my favourite Djokovic vs that mug Djokovic. More epic than that? I doubt...

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
3,881 Posts
There are many people watching Murray - Nishioka at the moment. It seems at least 80/100.
Its kind of strange to say "without public" when you hear even applause.
Sometimes its also applause from the computer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts