Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shvedova over Kanepi @2.0

Last (and first ) match Kanepi won after long series of losses was a big surprise. I think it was so called "white bread form" like cyclist say.(or it was exceptionally bad day for Jelena Jankovic.)

It lasts only day or even less.Ask from TdF riders . If you are not in really top form you cannot win consistently.
I`m pretty conviced that Kanepi´s form is pretty poor actually right now.

Remains to be seen if I´m right or wrong .

GL

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Tsonga was about 3/10 at the start and now they are having a straight shoot out and he is 4/6 so there is some sort of value to be had there. He should come back better rested and get it over asap.
Jersey Jan looked very poor in recent weeks but he looked like he copped onto himself in his first match and he has a great chance of beating Hewitt at 2.5.

Outsider value could be found in Pavic to beat Lopez. Lopez looked dead on his feet on Tuesday and could be vunerable especially if the match drags on.

·
Registered
476 Posts

Last (and first ) match Kanepi won after long series of losses was a big surprise. I think it was so called "white bread form" like cyclist say.(or it was exceptionally bad day for Jelena Jankovic.)

It lasts only day or even less.Ask from TdF riders . If you are not in really top form you cannot win consistently.

GL
I am somewhat confused as to what you are talking about. You have to make up your mind whether you want to talk about bread, cycling, or tennis. We talk tennis here! lol!!

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldnt touch Querrey-Tsonga match.You never know who blinks first. Querrey has advantage to serve first, Tsonga has to serve all the time to stay in the match.It is not easy task to handle all that pressure .

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm going with Kukushkin today over Dancevic, best odds are around 2.50. To me this seems more like a 50-50 match, I don't rate Frank's win over Dr.Ivo so high because Karlovic already had back problems in RG, he might not have been 100% playing against Dancevic.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I know what you are saying Cardio but it can also be an advantageI mean if Tsonga can break him then he just needs to hold serve and it game over. This match could be over inside 5 mins today, then again it could go on for the next 5 hours.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I had the exact same thoughts as you about Tsonga when I saw his odds, Mick. The only thing that has put me off actually backing him is that Querrey managed just 1 break in the entire match so far, and it came in the opening game. Tsonga didn't manage to get a break point until set 3, and didn't break until set 4.

I know this is a new day, a new match almost, and both players will have a much better understanding of each others games now but I'd rather just stay clear myself.

A fun bet for me today will be Bacsinzsky to pull off the huge upset vs Sharapova @12s. I'm just a big fan of hers and genuinely think she is easily top 20 material at least. The kind of opponent Maria will vastly underestimate, just like Larcher de Brito last year. Very small stakes, obviously :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Today:
Shvedova @1.95
Cornet @1.61

For Saturday:
Smitkova @2.93
Zahlavova-Strycova @5.77

·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts

GL
Did you watch Kanepi against JJ? Was it more JJ being very bad? I missed it

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you watch Kanepi against JJ? Was it more JJ being very bad? I missed it
I didnt see it, but what I heard : JJ was bad and Kanepi had exceptionally good day.Almost everything she hit was in.Ballbashing Rosol style.

But IMO, it was exception of the rule, it is very hard to repeat in next round . She has been in crap form all season, and I dont believe she improved her condition so quickly.

Well, we will see pretty soon how it goes today.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
The year kanepi made wimbledon semis or qf i dont think she was playing good tennis, kanepi different player on grass, hopefully a good match gl

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm going with Kukushkin today over Dancevic, best odds are around 2.50. To me this seems more like a 50-50 match, I don't rate Frank's win over Dr.Ivo so high because Karlovic already had back problems in RG, he might not have been 100% playing against Dancevic.
Nice tip, thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts