Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which young American player do U.S. commentators jizz over the most?

• Sock

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Harrison

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson

• Krajicek

• Donaldson

Votes: 1 3.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My initial response was Harrison – sans Sloane Stephens, don't think I've never heard so much hype over a semifinal in my life following Acapulco – but my gut tells me Sock.

Patrick McEnroe's tagline should be: "Jizz... in my Sock"

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Harrison, because he's got the All-American boy looks.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
American coverage of tennis on the big networks (CBS/NBC/ESPN) is relegated to WTA or the top men at slams or at the SF/F stages of North American Masters series. At those stages of the tournament you won't see any of these American players, so there's nothing to get hyped about.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Sock right now, and for good reasons, namely his massive, jizzworthy forehand and his recent ability to win matches. But watch out for ejaculatory utterances erupting in the future over Donaldson, Kozlov, Mmoh and Fritz, especially if Sock doesn't move into the top 10 or top 20 soon enough.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
American coverage of tennis on the big networks (CBS/NBC/ESPN) is relegated to WTA or the top men at slams or at the SF/F stages of North American Masters series. At those stages of the tournament you won't see any of these American players, so there's nothing to get hyped about.
The Tennis Channel, along with ESPN, is the major source for tennis coverage in the U.S. You see American players like Sock, Johnson, Harrison, and Young and Querrey, and now younger players like Kozlov and Donaldson, on it all the time. There is hype among those who follow tennis closely, and, at least for some of these players, it is deserved.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
I thought it was JIzzner

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sock right now, and for good reasons, namely his massive, jizzworthy forehand and his recent ability to win matches. But watch out for ejaculatory utterances erupting in the future over Donaldson, Kozlov, Mmoh and Fritz, especially if Sock doesn't move into the top 10 or top 20 soon enough.
I thought it was JIzzner
Thought about including these guys on the poll, but the hype machine for them just isn't up and running quite yet (I feel like Donaldson has nosed in front). Very well-crafted post, though. I agree.

And JIZZner is so oldddddd. Wanted to emphasize young Americans. The ESPN/TC crews still work up big pre-cum boners over the Big Man though.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
You forgot Tiafoe. And Sock is never getting in the TOP10.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If Isner and Raonic can break into the top 10, Sock can break into the top 10, especially if he improves his backhand.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sock and Harrison are the same age, but what was Sock doing 4 years ago or so? I remember lots of hype for Harrison at that time but very little for Sock. Maybe he was just not on my radar back then.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It is Sock currently, and he can make it into the top 10. I believe his backhand has improved. Also, one key difference between Sock and other young American males who fit the stereotypical (big serve/big forehand) prototype is that Sock can volley, ie. Wimbledon doubles title along with a lot of other quality doubles wins).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sock reaching a red clay final = HYSTERIA when the French rolls around.

If he wins the title tomorrow?

ImageUploadedByVS Free1428786202.026572.jpg

P-Mac and Brett Haber will suffer strokes in front of our eyes, but not before cashing in on new catchphrases like "SOCK my dick!"

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The white ones... forget if you are black or coloured in the anglosphere... you have no chance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts