Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete Sampras must be furious when he comes to know in a span of 15 years, three guys beating his record and made the world forget him.
Now not even in the wild dreams Federer might have thought he will face the same feet as Pete Sampras.

Interesting fantasy math!
Nadal has high chances to accumulate another 2 slams before reaching 2021 Rolland Garros final!

With 2 more wimbledon and 2 more Australian open and one US open Djokovic has some chance to reach the same feet

So 2021 Roland Garros final will be epic with both of them tied at 20-20 and the rest is history.

That being said Djokovic will remain as a GOAT ? forever.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Next year Wimbledon Nadal wins 3 of the next 5 slams. Yes not probable many will say but Djokovic is the only guy who will stop it from happen but I see another disappearing act from Nole coming up in the next year.

Fed will need to essentially avoid every big hitter Nadal/Nole to win another Wimbledon. Nadal smells blood. Look for smart scheduling and 100 percent focus to break the slam record.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Federer may yet add to his total.
I hope you are right, but i do have a suspicion that at least one of Nadal and Djokovic will win more than 20 slams in all with Roger falling short, he did well at RG but with every slam it gets harder to go out there and win 7 BO5 matches in a row.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Roger is still good at age even 41

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldn't mind if all the members of BIG-3 get to 20-20-20 slams and retire at the end of 2020 (or slightly later after making multiple attempts and failing to get one more slam)!

These three make for by far the most dominant group ever in tennis. It would be poetic justice for them to retire with equal number of slams!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Federer may yet add to his total.
I hope you are right, but i do have a suspicion that at least one of Nadal and Djokovic will win more than 20 slams in all with Roger falling short, he did well at RG but with every slam it gets harder to go out there and win 7 BO5 matches in a row.
Yes, it's quite possible that his slam-winning days are over, but you never know with Roger. :)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
What I'm saying is, that Rogie winning say even just Wimbledon in 2019 will give him 21 and make it even tougher for Rafa (18) and Djokovic (15) to surpass him!!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
It's just that so many think 20 is the number that has to be surpassed and it may not be, it may be 21, 22, or more, who knows, but IMO Rogie's not done winning grand slams yet!!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Nadal will have to wait till the next FO before he has a chance to win another slam and his luck with the draw will have to continue (which im sure the frenchies will accommodate him) but he will be older, so no, i dont think he will beat Federers slam count.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don’t know, Fed can still vulture slams when the other two tennis giants to be out. It is ridiculous but with the help of the tournament organizer it is very possible

1 - 20 of 42 Posts