Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which win vs Rafa at RG was more impressive

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only twice in 11 years the King of Clay tasted defeat. Which of the two was better?

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Soderling and it's not even close.

Nadal is old and bald now, everyone expected Novak to beat him, hell, his odds were @1.30.

In 2009 Nadal was a different beast and Soderling had just lost 6-0 6-1 few days earlier before beating him. No one expected Soderling to do it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Djokovic did really clobber nadal. It's one thing for nadal to be weak and everyone know it but its another to face nadal and crush him like he was qualifier!

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Robin Soderling

On that day he fulfilled his destiny so Roger Federer could win the French Open.

Reactions: acacacacademy

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Interesting question.

Nadal was better in 2009, but Novak's win was straight sets.

I have no idea myself.
Brilliant trolling.

:hatoff:

Of course Soderling's victory was more impressive. Djokovic was no better in 2015 than he was in 2014, and he didn't need to even try hard to beat Nadal.

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is a ridiculous poll. This washed-up, declining, injury-ridden version of Nadal vs 2009 Nadal on clay? There is no comparison.

·
Registered
21,772 Posts
Soderling by far.

He actually beat a decent Nadal. On the other hand, Djokovic beat a crap Nadal, he needed Nadal to decline at this level to finally beat him in the French Open.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
Djokovic. He made Nadal look helpless. When has that ever happened on clay, let alone at RG? I doubt that anyone, apart from Novak, can even beat Nadal in straight sets at RG....even next year.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Nole was a huge favourite to win , im fact the odds were im favour of him winning in straights , he was expected to win 3-0

Its soderling without a doubt

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Djokovic. He made Nadal look helpless. When has that ever happened on clay, let alone at RG? I doubt that anyone, apart from Novak, can even beat Nadal in straight sets at RG....even next year.
He didn't make Nadal look helpless. Nadal was helpless.

I mean, even Sock took a set off Nadal. Sock! :lol:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent post....totally agree. Quality wise this is up there with your "here is proof that Nadal would have been decimated in 2011 RG" thread....after the final you didn't grace that thread with your presence for some reason. Unbelievable :mad:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
He didn't make Nadal look helpless. Nadal was helpless.

I mean, even Sock took a set off Nadal. Sock! :lol:
MTF don't call Jack "Suck" for nothing. :lol:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Is Sock the only player to have taken a set off Nadal in the early rounds? What's your point?
Nadal didn't need to lose that set to Sock. I watched the match, and it was just Nadal's brain going for a walk. He just hasn't been there during the clay season. That's the type of player Fjokovic beat.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts