Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets think positives thoughts.
Which tournament do you think will be the first one played.
This year or Next. Lets hope this yea.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some wierd reason i like Hamburg. Germany is doing ok. Alot of cases but alot of recoveries. That tells me that despite the big numbers there.
They are heading in the right direction.

Plus its clay. ;)

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
Optimistically Cincinnati

Pessimistically IW 2021

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I think cinci could be.
dint see anything before

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I think St.Petersbourgh

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
US Open will be played in August. Guarantee it. In fact, the only major that won't be played this year is Wimbledon and that's soley due to it being on grass.

Most of Europe is already easing lockdowns, the US is going to do the same thing over the next month. There will be tennis by the summer.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
US Open will be played in August. Guarantee it. In fact, the only major that won't be played this year is Wimbledon and that's soley due to it being on grass.

Most of Europe is already easing lockdowns, the US is going to do the same thing over the next month. There will be tennis by the summer.
yes, the US Open, located in a part of Queens that is being called “the epicenter of the epicenter” is going to hold the Country’s largest Annual sporting event in a few months. And you, oh wise anonymous internet user, guarantee it!

please don’t reproduce.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It’s an interesting question because a lot of people assume if the hosting country is free of the virus then surely the event will go ahead right?

But then you have to remember these players come from a bunch of different country’s. If the virus is still going in some country’s they may not be allowed to travel to play to avoid spread etc.

In saying that the North American swing starts in 3-4 months. I feel like that is actually a really long time. And with them being the biggest hit if they recover by then, then surely the rest of the world will be. My guess is Montreal/Toronto will go ahead as the first event and the rest of the season will continue as per usual including the French.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It’s an interesting question because a lot of people assume if the hosting country is free of the virus then surely the event will go ahead right?

But then you have to remember these players come from a bunch of different country’s. If the virus is still going in some country’s they may not be allowed to travel to play to avoid spread etc.

In saying that the North American swing starts in 3-4 months. I feel like that is actually a really long time. And with them being the biggest hit if they recover by then, then surely the rest of the world will be. My guess is Montreal/Toronto will go ahead as the first event and the rest of the season will continue as per usual including the French.
WTA Montreal has already been cancelled but I haven't seen any news about Toronto yet.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
yes, the US Open, located in a part of Queens that is being called “the epicenter of the epicenter” is going to hold the Country’s largest Annual sporting event in a few months. And you, oh wise anonymous internet user, guarantee it!

please don’t reproduce.
Its always nice someone to see a vintage exposure of posts that peak in stupidity. That means less work for me. Keep that stuff coming, man!

·
Premium Member
21,327 Posts
Unless there is some truth in the expectations the summer weather will somehow drastically affect the spread of the virus, probably nothing before 2021.

·
|
14,973 Posts
Unless there is some truth in the expectations the summer weather will somehow drastically affect the spread of the virus, probably nothing before 2021.
Why, what happens in 2021?
The calendar doesn't stop the virus.
Work will resume long before 2021, regardless of the virus.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
In September your posts will be bumped and made fun of more than anyone's....
I could just dig up your vast amount of posts where you predicted this all to blow over quickly and the clay season actually happening.

But sometimes, it's just too easy. You have to try a little harder, my friend, your delusional posts are such an easy target.

Maybe you really should reduce the hydroxycholoroquine, it makes your brain a little foggy. I know your overlord advertised it, but scientists say its side effects are brutal.

I need you here, man. Don't let me down.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Maybe some small event in Asia, but that's being very optimistic. China is dealing with new infections right now, because of people entering the country. This shows that even when you think things are under control, you can't just resume normal life. You can ask a random doctor/psychologist/economist about the socio-economic and psychological effects of corona.

Larger events require much more players, organising staff and thus more travelling. That will be impossible this year when I see what countries are doing. Australia closed the border for at least six months. They won't be able to travel to the US and Europe meaning no fair play. Experts all around the globe are expecting new waves of infections in the fall so without a vaccine global sports like tennis are most likely done for the year.

Global health is number one. Stay safe!

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Reactions: Fargif
1 - 20 of 68 Posts