Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know now that all surfaces have been made slower over the years, but which tournament realistically has the fastest surface on the ATP currently.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
Dubai ATP 500, no question about it

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Queen's is exceptionally fast. I'm not saying that's my pick because I'm not giving this real thought, but it has to be top 3.

Winston Salem has to be up there*. Dubai is another. There's a couple of others I'm surely not thinking of.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
Reactions: Joey Tribbiani

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Remember when the USO was quick? :sad:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Halle should be a good candidate, along with some of the 250s/500s from the Indoor swing post-USopen, but I don't know enough to tell which ones specifically.
Among the Masters it should be Cincinnati.
Grand Slams are a giant clusterfuck since multiple sources report that speed varies from court to court at a same event (mostly taliking about USO and Wimby), specifically Centre Courts being slower than the smaller ones. Also, Wimbledon's official rating is of a Medium paced court which is telling a lot :)sad:), and of course it also gets slower as grass deteriorates from play.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Queen's is exceptionally fast. I'm not saying that's my pick because I'm not giving this real thought, but it has to be top 3.

Winston Salem before it moved outdoors last year has to be up there. Dubai is another. There's a couple of others I'm surely not thinking of.
I agree but what do you mean by the outdoors part?

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Besides the grass: Sidney, Dubai, Cinci, Washington, Basel.....
PS. I don't know about some 250-s (may be Chennai, Kuala Lumpur ???)

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
They made up very fast grass courts here in Stuttgart, almost all players I talked to dreamed of this surface speed which is akin to the one in Halle.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts