• Nadal Forehand

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Both are equal.

Votes: 2 7.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arguably the two best shots in their individual categories.

Nadals forehand alone has won multiple matches and hit countless banana passing shots and ridiculous winners.

Djokovic's backhand has destroyed legacies and has passed many great players. Really can do anything with the shot, with little to no effort.

We are going to forget other shots for the moment and ask a simple but impossibly difficult question.

Which shot is better , Djokovic Backhand or Nadal Forehand?

I dont expect an answer, but curious what MTF thinks?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Nadal's FH in 2013 - is the most lethal weapon.So sad his hf never the same,it still brutal shot tho,but god i remember that 13 FEARhand...

Nole's 2011 BH also some scary shit.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
As a Novak fan, it's Rafa's FH simply because he's a lefty and you can do way more with it. His whole career would probably be different with a right-handed FH.

·
Registered
110 Posts
As a Novak fan, it's Rafa's FH simply because he's a lefty and you can do way more with it. His whole career would probably be different with a right-handed FH.
Making him play left-handed was the smartest decision ever made in tennis. He would probably only have ~5 slams (RGs) playing righty.

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Dull’s forehand is better since he can do more things with it and it’s generally more effective than Djokovics backhand except on grass. Djokovic is backhand isn’t really a huge weapon offensively, it’s a good stabilizer and a huge weapon on defense.
Its always a great test of a person's tennis IQ this question.

Even better, when a person asks it itself, quite revealing.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Both are incredibly strong and dependable, and clearly game changing weapons. I do prefer Nadal's forehand, it is so utterly unique and makes Nadal the special player he is.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Better is a subjective generaIization so 'Effectiveness' is the more accurate criteria to judge by. When we break down based on this, FH is a more naturaI stroke which most pIayers use to finish points or for winners whiIe BH is less natural swing requiring more skill & precision often used to set up winning points or getting opponent out of position. On certain surfaces, Novak executes the angIed misdirection BH's as weII as anyone whiIe NadaI uses brute FH topspin w/ max. RPM esp. suited for the CIay to earn most of his points. They both serve their purposes in different styIes but in addition, i'II take the Serb's ROS & accuracy of serve on HC/Grass aII day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts