Ymer - R1 rosol, R2 florian mayer/bautista agut, R3 seed lopez

Lindell- R1 tsonga,R2 kukushkin/sela, R3 seed kohlschreiber

Elias - R1 paire,R2 ito/fognini, R3 seed berdych

Nishioka- R1 berdych, R2 stepanek/dodig, R3 seed fognini

Sijsling - R1 gulbis, R2 mahut/coppejans, R3 seed simon

Coppejans - R1 Mahut, R2, gulbis/sijsling, R3 seed simon

Bachinger - R1 granollers,R2 falla/federer,R3 seed karlovic

Falla - R1 federer, R2 bachinger/granollers, R3 seed karlovic

I could see vanni, arnaboldi and golubev making the 3rd round (in arnaboldi's case thats only if cilic loses to haase

coppejans and sijsling , whoever gets out of that possible 2nd round match could make the 4th round

ymer..well in theory he could make the 4th round but he'll probably lose to rosol in round 1

think another couple could win first rounds but dont see chances for any kind of run for anyone else

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
one of Edmund/Robert and Mahut/Coppenjans obviously, and hopefully Vanni will make R2. That's really it

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
Coppejans should be able to take advantage of his draw. Mahut isn't great on clay, even if he is French. Gulbis and Sijsling have had horrible years, although they were slightly better this year, and I'm thinking Gulbis will be better in bo5. Simon also doubtful with injury, so I can see Kimmer making R16, but whether he faces Wawrinka, GGL or another surprise like Lajovic, he won't have much chance against these players.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Coppejans can play on the dirt and has some p,layers in shaky form in front of him and a potentially not full strength Simon as the third round seed. Could be the player to watch out of the qualies. Also think Ymer if his game clicks could go for a couple of wins.

·
Registered
59,356 Posts
If he catches fire, Ymer, all out of form players in his section.
If not, Coppejans is in a very fortunate section in terms of form/injury

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Edmund. Solid form, easy first round.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Sijsling and Coppejans got a nice chance. Sijsling has been pretty terrible though this year so we'll see. Edmund got a promising R1 and R2 but R3 it will end for sure against Murray.

Ymer...hmm. If he gets past Rosol it's not impossible to reach R3 and Lopez on clay would be one of the better potential R3s for the qualies. Yet probably Rosol will whoop him.

Berrer looked pretty strong in the qualification and could do something. Chardy hasn't looked that great this season but is french ofc. R2 and R3 wouldn't be impossible for a strong fighter, even if he has to play Isner and Goffin

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
I still remember how Robert beat Berdych in R1 in 2011. He was on fire then in front of his homecrowd. That was amazing to watch.
Maybe he will take out Edmund and "steal" that nice draw until R3. That he even qualified is crazy, and all in 3-seters. Whatever Edmund does he can't let it go to 3 sets :)

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Only Coppejans has a chance.
Come on, even Rosol is better on clay than Ymer is.
And I have a "bad feeling" that Gulbis will summon his last powers to get to R2.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
This guy named R. Nadal has made the main draw, and I'd peg him as a decent contender for the title.

And before you ask, yeah, he's a lucky loser alright.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Coppejans and Ymer could get far. Would've backed Falla if it weren't for the unlucky draw for him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts