Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the year comes to a close, which 5 players in ur opinion will break through to the top 50?

1. Dudi Sela
2. Donald Young
3. Mario Cilic
4. Mario Ancic(some kind of comeback after a struggle to get back in shape)
5. Ernests Gulbis

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Dudi Sela, and I know hes not on the list, but I would like to see Paul Capdeville in the top 50 also
I hope Paul makes it. :yeah:

Wolmarans can probably only reach 100-150, but it would be great to see him surprise me.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Fritz Wolmarans makes a good comparison with Young -- while Young received a wildcard into the main draw of every US challenger tournament, in the very same tournaments Wolmarans had to win three qualifying matches virtually every time to even get close to scoring ranking points, and the quallies in US challengers are relatively competitive compared to challengers in Europe and other places. I think Wolmarans would have had much better results if he would not have had to qualify each time. As he gets more direct entries I'm sure he will improve a lot in the rankings. so i agree with your assessment.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Gulbis, Ancic, Young and Cilic are the sure things.

I also wouldn't be surprised with suspects like Acasuso, Falla and Malisse.

Hopefully way to go for Giraldo and Caprdeville, but it's a long way actually.

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts
Gulbis already was in the top 50 for three weeks in October. He's fallen a bit now in the rankings because he won a challenger this time last year but this year he's already ended the season. I have no doubts he'll continue his climb up next year.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Mario Ancic will be top 30 after the grass season. I bet!
MARIN Cilic is possible to make it.
Gulbis is very close, but the problem with him is that his mind is not really into tennis. The gift for the game is not questioned

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Gulbis has more mind for tennis than Korolev showed us this season unfortunately.
Of course he has a brain. But the problem is that he doesn't want to push harder enough and practice . His mind is much more into $$$$ . At least Niki Pilic has said few times in his interviews.

And the funny thing is that he already has enough of $$$, as I know his daddy is quite rich.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts