• Raonic

Votes: 65 39.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
It's Murray and it's not even close

Even when Murray doesn't have an easy draw on paper, it becomes a cakewalk one with all the seeds losing early

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Even when Murray doesn't have an easy draw on paper, it becomes a cakewalk one with all the seeds losing early
Talk about blinded by hatred :spit:. I will concede that there is somewhat of a Murray 'QF curse' but he doesn't have much luck when it comes to SF and beyond.

This year, it's Raonic by a mile - even when he was still hovering around the rank #12-10 mark he was consistently getting easy draws.

Federer is second luckiest this year, but Nadal is luckiest in terms of overall career.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Talk about blinded by hatred :spit:. I will concede that there is somewhat of a Murray 'QF curse' but he doesn't have much luck when it comes to SF and beyond.

This year, it's Raonic by a mile - even when he was still hovering around the rank #12-10 mark he was consistently getting easy draws.

Federer is second luckiest this year, but Nadal is luckiest in terms of overall career.
This year, i would agree it's Raonic

Even though i can't get Murray's AO draw out of my mind

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Luckdal and it's not even close

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

It's not Murray who is paired with Ferrer at every hard court slam.

Only in the diddy rounds does Murray tend to do okay with the draws. See this year's OZ for example where he was playing competition winners until the Rog in the quarter-finals.

In the latter stages nobody gets it tougher than the Scot. FACT.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
In Slams it's Murray, his draw almost invariably falls apart, especially when it comes to QF opponent. Not to mention his RG 2011 draw was historically ridiculous. Tbf though he never really faces mug opponents in SF/F at least, well except AO 2011 SF, so I guess it balances out the usually meek route to the SF.

Outside Slams, Nadal's Masters draw seem to open up with incredible frequency.

In 2014 alone, the answer is Lopez.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Definitely Nadal, his luck in everything he does is supernatural, the tennis gods golden boy.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

And that's his fault?

Also unsure how facing big four opponent in the majority of his finals/semi finals at MS1000 and above = easy draws. Fed, Djokovic and Nadal all had slam finals with none big four opponents in them, Murray didn't.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
In Slams it's Murray, his draw almost invariably falls apart, especially when it comes to QF opponent. Not to mention his RG 2011 draw was historically ridiculous. Tbf though he never really faces mug opponents in SF/F at least, well except AO 2011 SF.

Outside Slams, Nadal's Masters draw seem to open up with incredible frequency.

In 2014 alone, the answer is Lopez.
The bit in bold means it ain't Murray then.

He is/was a slam contender, so fortunate draws until the latter stages is not a big deal. Hardly ever getting a cheap semi-final/final considering the number he has made, means he has actually been really unlucky.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
And that's his fault?

Also unsure how facing big four opponent in the majority of his finals/semi finals at MS1000 and above = easy draws. Fed, Djokovic and Nadal all had slam finals with none big four opponents in them, Murray didn't.
Well nobody said it's his fault. I just answered OP's question

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
I'd say over the years is still Nadal, but Raonic this is year is unbeatable.
Only a poor and senile person like you can put only 2 options both of which you hate.
Divatrov has fluked the most draws this year its not even funny. I can't expect a worthless tard like you posting anything worth reading. :spit::spit:

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Again you, what are you smoking, to me both nadal and milos get fairly respectable draws, stop hatin for once dude.
Do you honestly expect him to do somthing else?
This guy is bashing Raonic in each thread i see him and tells me he doesn't hate Raonic. :spit:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
ShanksBboy whose double account are you? Just curious

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
The bit in bold means it ain't Murray then.

He is/was a slam contender, so fortunate draws until the latter stages is not a big deal. Hardly ever getting a cheap semi-final/final considering the number he has made, means he has actually been really unlucky.
I still think it's Murray at least out of the top players who often go deep in big events. You could probably argue it doesn't matter much as, being one of the best players, most draws would see Murray reach the SF anyway, which I'd agree with.

The influence of weak draws is often exaggerated anyway, you can't really win a Slam (or even a Masters) without beating at least one great player, and being tested early on sometimes actually helps get you in gear, which it can be tough to go from facing much weaker players to suddenly facing someone like Djokovic or Nadal; I actually think Murray suffered from this early in the AO 2012 SF, it took him a set to really get into the match after what had been a frankly very weak draw.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts