Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Is Best At Mind Games (In the Top 4)

• Djokovic

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Nadal

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Federer

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Murray

Votes: 10 13.7%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

Discuss.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Djokovic, Murray and Nadal have hypochondriac tendencies. Federer is generally stoic.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Federer is tough, but Nadal is tougher. Look at how he came back at the Roland Garros final this year. It was just frightening.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Federer, he likes to send these no so subtle messages to his adversaries like the famous finger waging. :lol:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Federer. He totally destroyed Mugray with mind games before AO final.

·
Your visions will happen
49,193 Posts
Clearly Stalldal and his time delay tricks. It starts in the press room before the match. "I am injured here, here, and here."

Then, before the match, the locker room, him bouncing around, then delaying to walk out, delaying for the coin toss, wasting time in the warm up, and this is all before the first point is played.

Tio Toni Mafioso taught him well.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Clearly Stalldal and his time delay tricks. It starts in the press room before the match. "I am injured here, here, and here."

Then, before the match, the locker room, him bouncing around, then delaying to walk out, delaying for the coin toss, wasting time in the warm up, and this is all before the first point is played.

Tio Toni Mafioso taught him well.
lmao :haha:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
generally federer. but between them, Nadal has power over Fed, Nole over Rafa, Fed over Nole. I don't think anyone actually owns Murray mentally, no need to yet.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
definitely nadal.

"So rafa, you have beaten fed at this venue many times (French open), how do you feel about facing fed in the french open final again?"

"Well.... Fed is playing very well, no? Best he has played this year, no? Fed is the favorite no?"

Than federer, the moron he is, gets all pressured and shit and chokes

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Nadal by a mile. The in your face jumping up before a match trying to scare the opponent. The false modesty. The fake injuries and the fake time outs. The guy puts sir Alex to shame.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Nadal. Collapses during a press conference with cramps and plays like crap against weaker opponents, then once he gets to the QFs, he mysteriously starts playing high quality tennis. He lures his opponents into a false sense of believing he is injured or not playing his best, and once he gets to the later stages of the slam, he becomes harder to beat unless your name is Novak Djokovic :eek:

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
RAFA I'm not the RG favourite,no even though I've wone it half a dozen times NADAL

that and his...jesus I can't possibly win because my foot/leg/finger is paralised...during one point followed by a usain bolt impersonation

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The in your face jumping up before a match trying to scare the opponent.
If a person is going to be intimidated by a dude jumping in front of them, maybe competitive sport isn't for them.

Anyway Federer does it best because he knows what he's doing. He seems very sharp.
Nadal does it on a subconscious level due to his OC disorder and rituals.
I believe Nole is the toughest mentally but he also doesn't play the mental aspect of the game as much as the other two,

1 - 20 of 41 Posts