Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which one is harder? Rallying with Rafa on clay or rallying with Ferrer on hard court

• Rallying with Rafa on clay

Votes: 42 95.5%
  • Rallying with Ferrer on hard court

Votes: 2 4.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On hard courts, Ferrer reaches every ball even better than Rafa (like Rafa said: "He is playing crazy") and I think he is the fastest player on the tour now. He reaches almost every drop shot. He is as fast as Michael Chang (may be better). He is also doing what Rafa should do on hard courts that is hitting flat shots. By this way his opponent gets tired of rallying with him (even Rafa) on hard courts and gets exhausted in the match far more than him like Rafa's opponent with Rafa on clay courts. According to you which one is harder for their oppoents?

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
I would imagine rallying with Rafa on clay is more difficult (basing this on 81 unsuccessful attempts in a row to beat him on clay).

·
Registered
38 Posts
How many players have beaten Federer on HC? Nadal, Nalbandian, Canas, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Murray
How many players have beaten Nadal on Clay? Federer
On hard courts, Ferrer reaches every ball even better than Rafa (like Rafa said: "He is playing crazy") and I think he is the fastest player on the tour now. He reaches almost every drop shot. He is as fast as Michael Chang (may be better). He is also doing what Rafa should do on hard courts that is hitting flat shots. By this way his opponent gets tired of rallying with him (even Rafa) on hard courts and gets exhausted in the match far more than him like Rafa's opponent with Rafa on clay courts. According to you which one is harder for their oppoents?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The thread was about Ferrer, not Federer. My vote is Nadal on clay.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Of course Nadal.

Not easy constantly having to hit a ball from around your shoulders loaded with top spin on clay.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Ferrer-the hard court monster

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Ferrero on clay

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Ferreira indoors

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Re: Which is harder? Rally with Rafa on clay or rallying with Ferrer on hard court

Nadal by a mile.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Clearly Nadal on clay......His record speaks for itself
If Ferrrer goes unbeaten on a HC in 08 then we can start making a comparison.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Rallying with Franco Ferreiro, of course.

Reactions: Caio_Brasil

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ferrer is playing really well right now, but seriously, this Ferrer-awesomeness-diarrhea has gone too far. Comparing him to Rafa on clay... honestly...

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Ferrer is faster than chang, the fastest player with Coria I have ever seen but its not very difficult realize is way harder to rally against Nadal on clay,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts