Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which of these players were the most entertaining between 1990-2003?

• Martina Navratilova

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Martina Hingis

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • Gabriela Sabatini

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Serena Williams

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Monica Seles

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Steffi Graf

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Kimiko Date

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mary Pierce

Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
well clearly nav, and graf and seles had incredible results, but i picked serena "not b/c im big fan" but really b/c the dept of the tour, and the demand that it is calling for, she is still amazing me right now. really to go up against venus in 4 straight finals, and dispatch of her easily 3 out of the 4, and the type of player venus is, that really deserves high credit/praise. but second on my list I would put graf, only b/c she leads Navi in most of the records.

·
Registered
45 Posts
More importantly, where is ***ARANTXA*** on this list? not including her must mean you *slept* through 1994 and/or never saw this not-kissing, Vamos-yelling tiger of a player play in person!

ARANTXA FOREVER!!! (there is not other!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea, I was suprised Kimiko Date was in the list...
She had unique hitting forms... but for Japanese people she was the most entertaining in tennis for sure...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Monica!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really quite interesting, how...!!!

:) All of these polls, surveys, and "best ever" posts turn out to be "popularity contests", with absolutely nothing to do with "subjective reasoning"!!! Quite amazing!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
but persond isn't it normal that your fav is the most entertaining for you? if she or he wasn't how can he/she be your fav then? ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Martina Hingis of course, she's caused so much drama and her style of play was always a joy to watch.

All the rest of those players were just boring and will never be so cheeky as Martina! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts