• All equally dull to watch

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these players, at peak level, do you find the most enjoyable to watch?
Personally I think they all have great aspects to their game but I would vote for Lopez. I think he has a really beautiful game to watch when he is in form, but Verdasco's forehand when he is firing on all cylinders is epic :worship:

Would appreciate your thoughts :)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Lopez when playing on grass is great to watch suits his game perfectly also his serve is fantastic and great technique

·
Registered
57,608 Posts
I enjoy watching all of them. The four are probably all top 30 in the top 100 for me.

Ferrer 7/10- Beautiful forehand, incredible return, surprisingly good serve, great movement and footwork. Three points come off for one of the ugliest backhands in the sport :lol:

Verdasco 9/10- Everything in his game is wonderful when he is on, 10/10. In fact, may be my favorite player to watch period at his peak bar maybe Federer. I've seen him live, and his forehand and his first serve when he actually hits it are both just crazy. One point off because his tennis gets really ugly on bad days.

Robredo 8/10- Another one of my very favorite games. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think his rhythmic strokes are incredibly beautiful. In his prime, he was a little too defensive to be ranked higher. However, his strokes itself are some of the very best in the sport in my opinion. Every single shot is lovely to watch.

Lopez 6/10- 10/10 on grass, 5/10 on hard, 3/10 on clay. When he plays aggressive he's enjoyable, on grass very very fun. Nice volleys. Forehand is very overrated IMO, and pushes very hard on clay or slow hard.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
ferrer, verdasco

lopez´s bh is painful to watch

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I really enjoy watching all of them for different reasons.

Robredo and Ferrer both have awesome point construction, Tommy really uses angles so well, David is so relentless. Feli can be really fun to watch on fast surfaces and Nando when he's playing well is very exciting, although of the four he would be my least fave as he's a bit brainless and bashy at times.

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
Lopez is the definition of a servebotting pushing slicer, he is at the bottom for me. Then comes Verdasco, who lacks the brains for me to fully enjoy him, although at his peak he was obviously a blast to watch.

Robredo is, in my eyes, the most underrated player on tour when it comes to the beauty of his game. Technically perfect strokes, a tennis IQ of 170 and great mental strength. Ferrer of course needs no explanation in my case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts