Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic? Rafa? Rogie? Medvedev?

I don't think it's Rogie based on his quarter of the draw, so that leaves the other 3...

Djokovic has to contend with guys like Tsitsipas/RBA....
Rafa has Kyrgios and Thiem...
Medvedev has guys like Zverev....

I'd actually have to say it's Djokovic or Rafa!!

Your thoughts??

·
justice for all
16,779 Posts
Sadly I think it's Fed who tends to have off days in slams at his age.
Followed by Medvedev - still not credible enough in slams.
Then Nadal - uncertain fitness/ possible overplay/ injury.
Djokovic the most likely to reach SF.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Rafa\Meddy

·
Registered
989 Posts
Rogie - A few who can beat him on an off day.
Meddy - Needs to prove himself at this level, nice draw though.
Nole - Tsitsipas is a big problem for him.
Rafa - Only Thiem poses a credible threat. I think Kandy takes Thiem out too.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
It’s probably Federer cause he tends to throw in a shitbag match at slams these days and even loses to guys like Millman. His draw is pretty easy but he still may throw himself out at some point.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rogie will want revenge on Djokovic should they meet in the SF, for what happened at the 2019 Wimbledon F, so we'll see!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. Medvedev - He's only done it once (USO 2019) previously, but his game style, the surface, and potential draw (outside of Wawrinka) suggest he's more than ready
2. Nadal - Absolute walk in the park until R16, but highly likely to see Khachanov/Kyrgios across the net...he's still a monster favorite in either matchup (believe a surprise QF would await, not encouraged about Domi's chances at all)
3. Djokovic - Only because of the potential QF with Tsitsipas...outside of that match, just pencil him in as the bottom half's finalist already
4. Federer - Most likely to make the SF as this is the draw's easiest quarter and the potential obstacles suit his game style (Shapo's and Berrettini's shot tolerance, variety, and defense are not there and Grigor's not getting another injury)

·
10,888 Posts
Djokovic.

He has never experienced Evans.

Also Tsitsipas be tricky

I do still see him making it though

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Medvedev for sure . He did great at the US but it’s different now he has the expectation behind him .

I am interested too see how he copes .

Especially if he faces Rafa after that epic tour finals mental meltdown .

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Zverev certainly won't be the guy who blocks Medvedev :LOL:
Actually Medvedev has only beaten Sacha once . Zverev has won like four times I think so that is far off a foregone conclusion .

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
medvedev has only had 1 good slam run. as much as i like him he's not a proven reliable force in slams yet. on paper there's really no one he should lose to but if he's not firing on all cylinders there are guys who are capable of taking him out like rublev and goffin. i;d say zverev but he's such a disaster right now i dont know. if he's in top form he should get there but we'll see

nadal has some interesting guys in his way and he did look shaky throughout the atp cup but beating him is best of 5 is so much harder . i'd be surprised i he didnt

djokovic does have a dangerous QF but i'd like his chances

fed probably the most vulnerable. he has more off days than the others and he has some hot players in his way. hurkacz is in great form so far this year. shapovalov is another one playing well. dimitrov has been looking good this year. his quarterinal possibilities look safe so i think if he's gonna lose early its gonna be before the quarterfinal

my pick is a toss up between fed and daniil. think novak and nadal should get there but for nadal he's gonna have to raise his level from what he had at atp cup

·
Registered
19,064 Posts
Everybody knows this is your man, Mirka's hubbie.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
1) Medvedev, because he hasn't yet much experience in slams
2) Federer, because he has occasional days off, and a few tricky opponents in the draw
3) Nadal, because Thiem has good chances to beat him if they meet in the QF
4) Djokovic, with some risk to lose against Tsitsipas or RBA, but he is certainly no 1 favourite for the title here.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Medvedev, Federer, Djokovic, Rafa, in that order. Rafa has the best chance to make it to SF.

Medvedev, the least experienced of all at the grand slam level and has reached a grand slam SF or better only once before.
Federer, he knows how to get to a grand slam SF as he has done it gazillion times before, but Millman and Dimitrov who beat him in grand slams recently are in his quarter.
Djokovic can be troubled by Tsitsipas, who beat Djokovic the last two times he played at Shanghai and Mubadala.
Rafa, the man with the least threats on his way to the SF. Thiem will be a less trouble to Rafa than Tsitsipas will be to Djokovic, as Tsitsipas is an in-form player. On edit: Thiem may not even get to QF, as his best result at AO was the fourth round loss.

·
6,664 Posts
Djokovic.
And the good news is that he is unbeaten at the AO once he gets to this stage.
I must be going senile in my old age like my namesake.
I meant most like to make the semis.
And that means most likely to win it as well, for a record extending 8th title in Melbourne.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts