Votes: 7 17.9%
  • AO '15

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Wimbledon I think. The FO will likely be Nadal, Djokovic, or Wawrinka, and same with the USO and AO. But at Wimbledon a Berdych-type could catch fire and grab the title if a little fortune falls their way.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Wimbledon

Federer and Nadal are declining/declined on the surface

Murray injured and Djokovic finds it toughest on grass

Wimbledon for sure

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Probably Wimbledon if Murray still hasn't quite found his A game. If he has then it's basically game over for the rest of the tour as far as that slam is concerned.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
None of those.

Berdych lacks mental strength against top guys. Cilic lacks stamina. Tsonga is out of form. Can't see anyone else capable of winning his 1st Slam in next 9 months.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Probably Wimbledon if Murray still hasn't quite found his A game. If he has then it's basically game over for the rest of the tour as far as that slam is concerned.
Clayray is tanking Wimbledon to take over RG.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
:lol:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
None of those.

Berdych lacks mental strength against top guys. Cilic lacks stamina. Tsonga is out of form. Can't see anyone else capable of winning his 1st Slam in next 9 months.
None.. next 10 slams will be between Nadal and Djokovic, and possibly Fed and Murray. I could see Wawa getting one more, but its hard from being something sure.

Talking about the next 11 slams (from now to the fade of 2016 season.)

1) Rafa/Nole ... highly likely they have multiple slams left.. the question is how many..
I could see rafa gettings 1-2 extra RG, 1-2 USO and 1 Wimby more, With AO you never know.
I can see Nole getting 1 extra AO and USO, RG is asterik for him, dont see him getting any wimby more.
2) Fed ..... highly likely he has quite a few deep slams runs left (mostly SF and F) the question is if he will be able to materialize those deep runs into 1 or 2 extra GS trophies (specially at wimby and RG).
3) Murray ... It depends on how he is able to recover .. he is likely to have deep runs left but in the same case with fed, will he be able to turn them into GS trophies? I see it harder with murray since I can see him only adding extra trophies (1-2) in Grass court, and thats only if he returns to his prime.
4) Wawa .... He is likely to play good and have deep run.. specially in AO, however I dont expect him to win any other slam more, however I wouldnt be surprised If he add one more, specially on AO.
5.. The rest... I dont have faith in them, except for Kei the samurai Nishikori, I can see him getting into late GS stages in the short term, but nobody knows if he will clown in latter stages when he is there.. only time will know..

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You're so delusional it's actually hilarious.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would like Nishikori to get to the Final stage and maybe win 1 this year. I am sure with the way he plays and barring injury he is the one to win GS in not too distant future.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
I don't see any new Grand Slam champion, but if I have to decide one Grand Slam to see a new winner I would say Wimbledon. I think that in the US OPEN all the players will regroup his game and Nadal and Djokovic will be in a good version, while Wimbledon is always tough because of the surface. Nadal is not as confident as he was in the past on grass, Djokovic doesn't like it, Murray is not finding his past form. Federer can have a good shot but he is not as reliable as in the past. There are a lot good players on the tour that can make some damage. I see people of the likes of Tsonga (if and only if he regroups his game), Berdych, Dimitrov, De Schepper, Nishikori, Cilic, Raonic, Gulbis, etc. able to upset the big guys. I am not saying that they will win the whole thing, but I see them able to defeat a 'big' guy in a single match.

In this 2014 tennis is becoming a crazy sport, so a new Grand Slam champion isn't something crazy.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Can I ask why you put De Schepper in as someone who can beat the big guys? When has he ever done so?
There is always a first time, but don't focus my message on this player in particular, I think that we are leaving the main discussion and the intention of this thread. Who would have predicted Darcis to beat Nadal in three sets? The real point of my message is Wimbledon being a tournament where upsets can happen. The courts are fast and fast courts bring more upsets as top players show their superiority better in slow surfaces. A good server like Kenny can have an inspiring day in Wimbledon and be unnestoppable as well as similar players produced upsets in the past (and it will certainly happen in the future).

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Kei will when a slam, the only question is when. It could be this year's USO if things fall into place for him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts