Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which of the Former PRO's take best to the Commentary Box in your opinion? VOTE NOW

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Such a close call between Jason and Rob for me, coin-toss really. Probably go Rob if really, really pushed.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Jason Goodall.

His analysis and knowledge of the tactical aspects of the game alongside stats is second to non. Remember when they used to do hawkeye with Goodall during the slams? That man knew what he was talking about!

I really like Arvind Parmars commentary these days too.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Voted Courier but that's only becuae I remember him best and have revisited various commentary gigs he did on youtube like AO 2007. He was actually willing to discuss tactics and didn't pretend to have some direct line into the mental state of the players at any given moment. The others - I have lived in Argentina for a few years and have to put up with ESPN spanish guys or switch to the english commentary of Arias and that other yank. Fairly bland. I remember Castle from circa 2006/7 at Wimbledon but wish I didn't. Can't remember ever noticing anything Henman said.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Johnny Mac for sure

there is a reason he is the most sought after tennis commentator in America

doesn't say nearly as many annoying things as some of them and as a nice voice. I also feel like he BY FAR is the most relateable to both the players AND the general public in the way in which he speaks, which is nice. his brother is great too

Robby Koenig is the most annoying person on the planet anyone who voted for him needs to get out of here. he says far too much too with ridiculous amounts of annoying excitement

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Moonball pusher votes for Andrew Castle because he kisses up to Federer :facepalm:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Johnny Mac for sure

there is a reason he is the most sought after tennis commentator in America

doesn't say nearly as many annoying things as some of them and as a nice voice. I also feel like he BY FAR is the most relateable to both the players AND the general public in the way in which he speaks, which is nice. his brother is great too

Robby Koenig is the most annoying person on the planet anyone who voted for him needs to get out of here. he says far too much too with ridiculous amounts of annoying excitement
How can you dislike this? You're MMMMMAAD!

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Your visions will happen
47,119 Posts
Connors, easily. But he is not on so much, and Goodall and Koenig are, and they are an excellent tandem

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Frew McMillan is pretty great too.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Castle, the legend

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
j. frana

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
McEnroe. His comments about Nadal's volleys were absolutely spot-on, a completely unappreciated and underrated aspect of Nadal's game.
:facepalm:

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,190 Posts
His annoying habit of doing a little "uhmmm" sound every time someone hits a half decent shot disqualifies him, for me. (Has he stopped doing that?)
Yeah he did it today on Nole-Tsonga match many times. Sometimes he does it on game defining moments and I like it, but other times it's too much I agree.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts