Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer: On paper he is the most impossible guy. But grass is his best surface and he is leading 2-1 on grass against Rafa. Can he shock the world?

Murray: He has a poor slam record against Rafa, even on grass where he is 0-3 in Wimbledon and was just demolished by Rafa in RG. He looks clueless when returning Rafa's serve and is hit winner after winner by Rafa's forehand. But grass is his best surface and Rafa's worst surface at the moment. Can he capitalize on the surface and home advantage?

Djokovic: On paper the guy who has the best chance to challenge Rafa and he did beat Rafa in their most recent Wimbledon meeting back in 2011. But he is 0-4 against Rafa in slams and 1-5 in slam finals since 2012 RG coming up to their potential final match-up here. Grass is also his worst surface.

Discuss.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this is Federer's best chance to beat Rafa in slam again.
Certainly I don't think Federer's fans will hope that Fed loses in QF even if Rafa makes the SF this time.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Chokevic. When he plays well he embarrasses Nadal, but his slam mentality has gone AWOL since RG'13 :sad:.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chokevic. When he plays well he embarrasses Nadal, but his slam mentality has gone AWOL since RG'13 :sad:.
Honestly I'd feel more secured if Rafa plays against Murray in the final.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if he will run away this time. Losing to Wawrinka(if he makes the QF) is not as embarrassing as losing to Robredo and he may want to give a chance to Wawrinka to copy that AO 14 miracle. But if he does it by himself he has his 18th slam.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
They all have a good chance. This is a competitive era at the top of the game.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Murray, good chance :rolleyes: :haha:
Murray did beat Rafa in a fast and low-bouncing surface in Tokyo back in 2011 and took a set in 11 Wimbledon semi-final. Won't be surprised if Murray 2.0 can make it tighter this time.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Murray did beat Rafa in a fast and low-bouncing surface in Tokyo back in 2011 and took a set in 11 Wimbledon semi-final. Won't be surprised if Murray 2.0 can make it tighter this time.
Tokyo is one thing, grass is another

it's unlikely, power players trouble Nadal on grass typically, and Murray is not good enough on the serve or at applying pressure to beat a Nadal. when it comes down to it with those two, Andrew just grinds too much, Nadal is more assertive

Federer could beat Nadal though I think

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Federer if he doesn't pull another Robredo like the last time (fucking coward :mad: )
Lol you guys are incredible... last year (which was Fed worst year in ages) he played (and lost) to Nadal 4 times... how long will you keep that stupid "Fed is afraid of facing Rafa and tanks the round before" thing going?

Back on topic, probably Djokovic, even if I'm sure he'll fail me again.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tokyo is one thing, grass is another

it's unlikely, power players trouble Nadal on grass typically, and Murray is not good enough on the serve or at applying pressure to beat a Nadal. when it comes down to it with those two, Andrew just grinds too much, Nadal is more assertive

Federer could beat Nadal though I think
True, only good serve with powerful forehand can beat Nadal. Djokovic is the only exception to this formula.

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
No chance anyone beats ESPN's darling. Rafa reminds me of Sharapova and how they used to go on and on about her and how she was a "fighter." Same playbook. Bites like Suarez, fights like Sharapova... why not.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No chance anyone beats ESPN's darling. Rafa reminds me of Sharapova and how they used to go on and on about her and how she was a "fighter." Same playbook. Bites like Suarez, fights like Sharapova... why not.
Rafa has 14 slams and is the GOAT. That Sharapova only has 5 slams and not even in the top10 of women tennis history. They are just beyond compare!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts