• Other

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes players develop mental blocks against each other. Federer has it against Nadal. Novak, after getting over his mental block against Nadal in 2011, developed it again, especially after that woeful RG semi final choke. Berdych has it against Novak and Rafa, Ferrer has it against all the big 4 and players like Almagro seem to have it against pretty much everyone

As a tennis fan, which is the most frustrating for you to watch?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Almagro had a mental block against everyone he would not have gotten as high as #9 yeah?
It was partly a jokey inclusion, because people accuse him of being a choker. He is a good player who has had weak mental lapses against many players, that's what I meant :)

·
Banned
355 Posts
Jowilly again starting a thread which indirectly speaks about how rafa usually wins because of luck, I expose you as a clown again, sorry man, your credibility is in the ground.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ferrer against Dull is the most frustrating mental block in the entire tennis history

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I think what is frustrating with Daveed is that he can be such a warrior, but when it comes to the big guns he loses it. He even admitted to giving up against Nadal, which is just an awful attitude. It's odd that he often gets praised for his fighting qualities when he is so mentally weak when it matters.

He seems to think his place in the game is below Rafa, Novak, Andy and Roger. With someone like Stan you see him work harder and harder to be able to challenge them, whereas it seems with Daveed that he is happy to be where he is and doesn't believe he should be ranked higher, which is the attitude you need.

·
Banned
355 Posts
The mental block of jowilly and slade against any rational conversation.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Djokovic mental block against Dull in RG for sure. Gifted 3 titles already. :facepalm:

Who cares about Mumugro? He should be banned to Saturn for being that pigeon he is for Dull! :help:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just keep pounding that Fed BH with massif topspin and you will win. Simple as that really.
Waw has the same problem against Dull and he has the best 1handed BH rite now.
He definitely has a matchup advantage but there is no denying that Roger chokes massively against him a lot of the time. He clearly doesn't fight as hard as he could. Novak has choked so much against Nadal in recent matches that it is very frustrating to watch. The 3rd set of the US open being the worst example. Awful stuff :eek:

One thing I will say for Nadal is that he always fights as hard as he can, he never gives up. He always gives 110%. To see guys like Tomic who give up or look like they aren't bothered despite having talent is frustrating.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Frauderer vs Nadal isn't a mental block: Nadal is just a more talented player than a weak era serve bot potato nosed vulture

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
He definitely has a matchup advantage but there is no denying that Roger chokes massively against him a lot of the time. He clearly doesn't fight as hard as he could. Novak has choked so much against Nadal in recent matches that it is very frustrating to watch. The 3rd set of the US open being the worst example. Awful stuff :eek:

One thing I will say for Nadal is that he always fights as hard as he can, he never gives up. He always gives 110%. To see guys like Tomic who give up or look like they aren't bothered despite having talent is frustrating.
I love Nadal actually. Would love to see him in a bull riding show, a wrestling match or a gp-movie (in the role of a passive slave). Just leave tennis alone.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Frauderer vs Nadal isn't a mental block: Nadal is just a more talented player than a weak era serve bot potato nosed vulture
:spit: :haha: :haha: sig worthy stuff right here

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ferrer against any top player. Or any player at all lately
He definitely seems to have lost some fight. I don't think he is as bad against Murray and he is worse against Nadal, maybe because they are compatriots. But his attitude is grating sometimes, he has missed many opportunities.

I think Verdasco vs top players would have been a good one. His match vs Nadal at the AO and against Murray at Wimbledon had some amazing tennis from him, but fell at the final hurdle when he shouldn't have. I was glad Murray won, but I won't deny that Nando choked.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Must say Nadal is tough, have to give credit to that, although the style is ridiculous.

But Gasquet to Nalbandian is special.
Gasquet has often had a questionable mentality :sad:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts