Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
I was just wondering, which matches have you seen Nadal so tired that he returned serves only with slices and didn't run for balls? US Open 2011 Final comes to mind, I think by the end of the 4th set, he literally exclusively sliced back the ball and grunted for every shot even the slice shots. Can't think of many more at the moment. And no this is not a hate thread.

Look at how tired Nadal is by 3-1.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,859 Posts
AO R2 vs Smyczek this yr. Out of sorts for most of it.
He still ran for his shots but was half a step slower

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
USO 11 comes to mind, previously weak-stamina Djokovic beating Nadal at his own attrition game. :superlol: at the suggestion of WTF 2010, so Nadal can play back-to-back five-hour each 5-setters, but not back-to-back 3-setters indoors?

·
Banned
858 Posts
USO 11 comes to mind, previously weak-stamina Djokovic beating Nadal at his own attrition game.
at the suggestion of WTF 2010, so Nadal can play back-to-back five-hour each 5-setters, but not back-to-back 3-setters indoors?
Yeah, you comparing 1st tournament of the year with last. But good try.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
In the final of USO-11 Djokovic was exhausted and injured, but he started to play even more agressively in the 4th set and Nadull had no answer

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
11 USO's 4th set was weird. Djokovic was perplexed by back injury(hence he reduced his service speed) while Nadal had no stamina left.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
What is exhausted Nadal ? It's when he has a fitness level of a usual player. Because he can win games only when he has a big physical advantage over opponent

·
Banned
858 Posts
What is exhausted Nadal ? It's when he has a fitness level of a usual player. Because he can win games only when he has a big physical advantage over opponent
What is exhausted fraud? Never sweating, never facing injury, in his 33 playing more tournaments than djokovic and goatdal....Bravo swiss medicine i think?

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
What is exhausted fraud? Never sweating, never facing injury, in his 33 playing more tournaments than djokovic and goatdal....Bravo swiss medicine i think?
Probably because someone has a naturale talent and effortless game and doesn't retrieve the ball 5 meters behind the baseline as some Spanish physical monster with zero talent

·
Banned
858 Posts
Probably because someone has a naturale talent and effortless game and doesn't retrieve the ball 5 meters behind the baseline as some Spanish physical monster with zero talent
Fraud is the biggest pusher of top-10 :haha: guy only knows how to slice and hit puffballs with his loopy forehand. But he is also a servebot....so his longevity can be explained due to this. I mean look at karlovic :lol:

·
Your visions will happen
50,907 Posts
USO 2007 vs. Ferrer is probably the worst that I can recall, I've never seen him so physically finished

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
In the final of USO-11 Djokovic was exhausted and injured, but he started to play even more agressively in the 4th set and Nadull had no answer
This. He was the injured and exhausted one and Nadal could do nothing. I have never seen Nadal look genuinely tired. He could play for 10 hours without needing a lie down afterwards.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Probably the AO final 2012, both players were so exhausted during the ceremony, they needed chairs.

Not sure about other matches, although i do remember in the USO 2008 Murray in one rally had Nadal doubled over trying to catch his breath, probably the only time i've ever seen him do that.

The point starts at around 9:44 and you see Nadal trying to catch his breath at 10:19

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Yeah, you comparing 1st tournament of the year with last. But good try.
Nadal hadn't played for more than a month before WTF 2010. :shrug: If anything his first four matches were a good warm-up. But good try. :yeah:

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Zero

1 - 20 of 36 Posts