Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which match was better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, which Masters final was better in terms of quality, drama, intensity, shotmaking and etc between Rome 2005 featuring Nadal and Coria or Rome 2006 featuring Federer and Nadal?

Rome 2005, in my opinion epitomise the purest qualities of what clay tennis is about: Attrition, willpower, endurance on the red dirt between two gladiators on court.

Rome 2006, in my opinion was like the real 'Roland Garros' final that this legendary rivalry never had.

What do you think?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Both awesome. Maybe 2005 slightly better as Nadal was just emerging so it was more exciting if that makes sense.

Nadal's 2005 was immense really when you think about it

Miami final - all but beat Fed before running out of steam, Monte Carlo final. Dominated the field. Rome final edged one of the best clay courters in the field. Roland Garros beats Fed in semi and wins slam on his debut. Then wins Canada and Madrid Masters after Wimbledon. And the Madrid final went to the wire and was a proper clutch effort. I struggle when people say tennis was rubbish back then.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Davydenko vs Nadal semi Rome 2007 :D :D
...on topic:
For the clay level 2005 Rome
For the shotmaking 2006 Rome

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
It's very difficult to say. Both matches were fantastic. But I voted for Rome-2006 cause Fedal sounds better than Coriadal :)

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Anyway those matches were exciting only thanks to Coria and Federer.
Tennis at its best against Anti-tennis at "its best" is usually interesting
It's very funny when Serverer fans talks about anti-tennis:wavey:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
blah, there is a thread about this ... some of you guys need to learn how to use 'the advanced search option' ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts