1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
The former record is unbreakable and the latter... well... we'll see

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Federer's "17" slams would have been surpassed by Laver AND Rosewall if pro slams were counted. It won't be long before someone surpasses it, if not Nadal.

Nadal's 9 RG will never be surpassed.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Both records are amazing, but I see it even harder to achieve someone winning a particular slam 9 times, even more so considering it was achieved in a 10 years span...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nadal's 9 RG titles easily. I think Nadal's RG record once he retires will last 500 years atleast. I say once he retires since there is no chance in hell he isnt breaking it himself in the coming years, but once he is done, the record wont be touched for maybe a millenium.

Federer's 17 slams wouldnt even be the record if Open Tennis and all 4 majors fully valued were the way of things much earlier. Laver, Rosewall, Gonzales, Tilden, would all currently have more slams than him. Rosewall would also have around 9 RG titles, so Nadal still might have had to extend that to firmly have held that. Either way Federer's record might fall to Nadal, and if it doesnt it will fall sometime in the next 40 years guaranteed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
how is 9 RG more impressive than 17 GS??
take away Dulls best slam,RG and he has 5 slams left
take away Federers best slam, Wimbledon, and he has 10 slams left.
its CLEAR what is more impressive and who the WAY BETTER player is.
FedGOAT will always be above Dull even if Rafito vultures another 5 RG

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I can't see anyone beating Rafa's record on PC,but at the same time,Roger's record shows he's very versatile.
But rafa is also versatile. 11 non-rg slam finals (same amount of non-uso lendl, and non-wimby sampras finals. Rafa has reached at least 3 gs finals on every slam.. Of course Fed's resume still remans as more versatile, but saying Rafa is only clay It would be quite wrong..

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
how is 9 RG more impressive than 17 GS??
take away Dulls best slam,RG and he has 5 slams left
take away Federers best slam, Wimbledon, and he has 10 slams left.
its CLEAR what is more impressive and who the WAY BETTER player is.
FedGOAT will always be above Dull even if Rafito vultures another 5 RG
:facepalm:

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Nadal's 9 RG, of course. He won it four times against Federer, two times against Djokovic, one time against Söderling who beat him the year before, one time against Ferrer and one time against Puerta. In the two latter tournaments he also dismissed Djokovic and Federer in earlier rounds. I don't have to explain under which circumstances Federer won a lot of his slams.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Nadal's 9 RG, of course. He won it four times against Federer, two times against Djokovic, one time against Söderling who beat him the year before, one time against Ferrer and one time against Puerta. In the two latter tournaments he also dismissed Djokovic and Federer in earlier rounds. I don't have to explain under which circumstances Federer won a lot of his slams.
This!

·
Registered
40,645 Posts
But rafa is also versatile. 11 non-rg slam finals (same amount of non-uso lendl, and non-wimby sampras finals. Rafa has reached at least 3 gs finals on every slam.. Of course Fed's resume still remans as more versatile, but saying Rafa is only clay It would be quite wrong..
But his record outside RG isn't that impressive:shrug:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts