Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which incredible scenario would you believe?

• Nadal had 13 RG titles.

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Djokovic Won 8 GS in a row 2015-2016.

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Federer ended his career at 21 GS Won.

Votes: 16 25.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You where in coma for 4+ years and woke up.. someone told you 3 things had happened in tennis.. one of them is true

-Nadal had 13 RG titles.

-Djokovic Won 8 GS in a row 2015-2016.

-Federer ended his career at 21 GS Won.

Which one would you believe the most?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Which incredible scenario would you believe if.. (MODS give poll please)

2nd is most likely even though I ve to say all of them are pretty absurd.

Nadal can at best go upto 11 RGs - thats a hard limit.
Nole can win majority of slams in 15/16 but all of them is really really unlikely. But if 2 other top players are injured and rest dont pick it up- then maybe !
Federer may fluke 1 or 2 due to other players missing / easy draws but 21 is impossible.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

2nd is most likely even though I ve to say all of them are pretty absurd.

Nadal can at best go upto 11 RGs - thats a hard limit.
Nole can win majority of slams in 15/16 but all of them is really really unlikely. But if 2 other top players are injured and rest dont pick it up- then maybe !
Federer may fluke 1 or 2 due to other players missing / easy draws but 21 is impossible.
Nothing is impossible, we went to the moon 1969.. a healthy 30 year old with natural talent can achieve alot.. he got the experience and iq..

·
Registered
4,947 Posts

You where in coma for 4+ years and woke up.. someone told you 3 things had happened in tennis.. one of them is true
Nadal had 13 RG titles.
Djokovic Won 8 GS in a row 2015-2016.
Federer ended his career at 21 GS Won.

Which one would you believe the most?

Nadal.

But I would lower those numbers so that they are equally probable:

Nadal 12 RG
Djokovic 4 in row
Federer 19

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nadal.

But I would lower those numbers so that they are equally probable:

Nadal 12 RG
Djokovic 4 in row
Federer 19
Nah, im pushing this to the limit.. one truly incredible achievement

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Of those three, Djokovic winning 8 in a row. All are pretty unbelievable, but Djokovic winning the next 7 seems more believable than Federer winning 4 more GS in general, or Nadal winning 4 more FOs

·
Rankings Master
15,872 Posts
Of those three, Djokovic winning 8 in a row. All are pretty unbelievable, but Djokovic winning the next 7 seems more believable than Federer winning 3 more GS in general, or Nadal winning 4 more FOs
Federer has 17, the poll invokes him ending with 21. 21-17 = 4.;)

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Was about to type Djokovic's one but I think Nadal's one is more likely to happen :lol:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I'd probably put the money on Djokovic with the way things are now. Nadal could theoretically do it if he manages to come back (close) to his former glory, though it seems unlikely this year. But Federer had 2013 and played pretty alright in 14/15 so far so who maybe Nadal can do something similar. Even then it's unlikely though.
Federer getting 4 just seems impossible with his decline and increase in off-days.

I'd classify all as near impossible.

Slightly more believable:
Djokovic 1 calendar slam and double carreer slam and OG.
Nadal 11 RG and a WTF win.
Federer 19 slams, or maybe 18 slams and a wtf. And olympic mixed doubles gold with Hingis.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,554 Posts
Neither of them - they all seem very far off. Nadal needs to win 4 more RG, 8 in a row is unparalleled in any time in history. It feels impossible to keep it up THAT long without feeling fatigued at any pt or having an injury concern. Given Novak's 8 slams to date come from a space from 2008 (1), 2011 (3), 2012 (1), 2013 (1) and 2014 (1), 2015 (1). Only one year has he actually won multiple slams in 2011! I just don't see this happening unless the competition is exceptionally weak within 2015-2016 (and also Rio Olympics is also played too). If he manages this remarkable feat, that'd bring Novak to 16 slams, just behind Federer and Federer has not won slams in the last 2 years and is 33 now. He needs 4 to do it (even more minute a prospect than Nadal given his age and BO5 format).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nadal. And this comes from Federer fan but I just can't the other two happening. Whereas I wouldn't be as surprised if Nadal went on to win 4 of the next 5 RGs or something like that. Nadal always peaks at RG when it matters, we all know the story.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neither of them - they all seem very far off. Nadal needs to win 4 more RG, 8 in a row is unparalleled in any time in history. It feels impossible to keep it up THAT long without feeling fatigued at any pt or having an injury concern. Given Novak's 8 slams to date come from a space from 2008 (1), 2011 (3), 2012 (1), 2013 (1) and 2014 (1), 2015 (1). Only one year has he actually won multiple slams in 2011! I just don't see this happening unless the competition is exceptionally weak within 2015-2016 (and also Rio Olympics is also played too). If he manages this remarkable feat, that'd bring Novak to 16 slams, just behind Federer and Federer has not won slams in the last 2 years and is 33 now. He needs 4 to do it (even more minute a prospect than Nadal given his age and BO5 format).
Good analyze.. but as i described in an imaginary world one of those 3 has happened..which one is most likely??
So it cant be "Neither of them" and its not impossible.
impossible
ɪmˈpɒsɪb(ə)l
adjective
not able to occur, exist, or be done.
"a seemingly impossible task"
synonyms: not possible, beyond the bounds of possibility, out of the question, not worth considering; More

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I would probably pick Nadal. He proved that RG is tournament, where he is able to peak even after having quite a bad results before that.

However, I would ask doctors to put me in a coma again without knowing what is true.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
all far fetched, Nadal 13 RG may have a 5% chance. The other two just don't see it happen.
Djokovic's level is not higher than 14, it just happens Stan is not as strong as last year and lost the 5th set. Giving his past GS performance, don't see 8 straight is possible.
Fed plays top 10 level 60% of time, top 3 level 5% of time, if something happens to Djokovic and Nadal, and also a easy draw, there maybe a slim chance for 2.(14 Wimby easy draw, but have to play desperate Djokovic in final, 14 USO, Djokovic lost, but he spent all his energy through Monfils)

Nadal, if he just play clay every year, and preserve his body, he may have 5% of chance doing it.

·
The special one
14,376 Posts
I went for nadal,he has already won 9 at the age of 28 it's not impossible that he wins 4 more,it's still unlikely though,as good as djokovic has been lately he's not winning 8 slams in a row and federer at best will win another 2,so in order of most probable i will go with nadal,federer,djokovic.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
None of those will happen, but considering that Nadal winning 13 RGs and Fed winning 21 slams have absolutely 0% chance of happening, the obvious choice is Novak winning 8 slams in a row.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts