Votes: 11 33.3%
  • The French will have nobody to support in the QFs

Votes: 5 15.2%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all four of the modern musketeers have made it to the 4th round of RG - not sure this has happened for them before? And Chardy has also made it to boot!

Who do you think has the best chance of causing an upset and making the QFs or do you think it will be a round of misery for the French fans?

Matches are:

Top Half
(1) Djokovic vs (20) Gasquet H2H 10-1
(3) Murray vs Chardy H2H 6-1

Bottom Half
(4) Berdych vs (14) Tsonga H2H 6-2
(8) Wawrinka vs (12) Simon H2H 2-2
(2) Federer vs (13) Monfils H2H 8-4

Tough matches for all certainly!

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Much as I love Stan, I'd say Simon has the best chance. (Hopefully Stan comes through easily, though!)

Jo also has a good chance.

I may be alone here, but I think Fed's going to steamroll LaMonf...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tsonga & Monfils

Simon

Chardy

Gasquet :confused:

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I'd say Tsonga or Monfils. Monfils has been very focused his last matches against Federer. Might be gassed though.

I just don't see any of the other 3 having any chance. Maybe Simon but he's a pretty severe underdog in my mind.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Monfils easily.

Tsonga is not far behind and he could reasoanbly beat Berdych but Monfils just has the perfect game to grind the older Federer into the ground and for some reason always seems focused against him. Fatigue really shouldn't be that much of an issue, Monfils didn't play any tennis in the two weeks leading up to RG so even though he's had 5-setters I doubt it'll have much of an impact.

I'd say Monfils has a 50/50 shot, Tsonga a 40% chance, and everyone else is much lower. Simon would need Drunkwrinka to show up (possible but not extremely likely now that it's later on in the tournament) and Chardy would need Crapray to make an appearance (again not likely). Gasquet probably has a 0.000001% chance as long as Djokovic doesn't mysteriously withdraw or something.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Sorry for the French, but I hardly see anyone of them winning his match.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Simon

Monfils and Tsonga have outside chances if Federer and Berdych fell asleep during a match or something like that... Chardy and Gasquet? I really don't know what needs to happen with Murray and Djokovic so these two had even outside chances...

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Definitely Gillou.

·
Your visions will happen
51,291 Posts
Simon imo. Then Monfils, then Tsonga. Chardy has a small chance and Gasquet has an even smaller chance

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Percent chance to reach QF :
1. Monfils - 60%
2. Simon - 50%
3. Tsonga - 20%
4. Chardy - 5%
5. Gasquet - 2%

·
24,299 Posts
With the Spanish having only 2 representatives it seems it's time for the French to really pull through on their home Slam.

The Top 4 French players are in the Round of 16, while Chardy is the surprise package. Personally I think the best chance could be Monfils due to his record lately against Fed, but he seems to have not been playing well in this tourney. However, there is always the chance he could wake up and have that boost playing against Fed. Simon could surely trouble Stan if he has troubled days again but Simon isn't exactly in tip-top shape either with losing Sets in the past matches. Tsonga seems convincing that he could do well against Berdych (who surprisingly lost Sets) but Berdych has an excellent record against non-Top 10 players this year. Chardy seems to be a longshot but maybe if he cleans the lines more of the time he could have a chance against Clayray. Could be a long day for the fans if the opponents are doing well.

One thing is for sure..."Pa pa ra pa, pa ra ra, Ole!" would probably be the most overused words in the next 2 days (especially I think with Monfils). :lol:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'd say it's in this order:
Monfils
Simon
Tsonga
Chardy