Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who do you miss most?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A thread to counter the onslaught of future, juniors and qualy results.

Basically I was reminiscing this morning to the times when tennis was exciting and players were in form. We all know tennis is currently in a dire state, lacking in direction and full of unhappy players playing poor tennis. Most of the top 20 has been around for ages now, so we know what many of these players are capable of. Once upon of time they were exciting, playing great tennis and looking invigorated on court. Now a majority of the top 20 are out of form, and playing tennis that we know is inferior to what they can actually produce.

I ask who do you miss most?

2008 Simon?

2008 Tsonga?

January 2009 Verdasco

2009 Del Potro?

2008 Cilic

2007 Monfils?

2008 Gulbis? or even the clay season 2010 one

2007 Gasquet

2010/early 2011 Dolgopolov

What happened to these guys? it's not like they got too old. Most should be in their prime now!

All such exciting players when they care...

Wawrinka was the only who took the initiative and got better. That didn't last very long though and now he's part of the problem

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Blast from the Past forum

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Del Potro 2009, Tsonga 2008 and Gasquet 2008.

Voted Delpo.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blast from the Past forum
It shouldnt be blast from the past though. These players should be contesting Miami...

is there even a forum? if so, only sampras,Agassi talk belongs there anyway

·
Registered
536 Posts
2009 Del Potro :sad:

Damn all those injuries :(

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
None of the above..Nadal from Montreal'13-USO'13 seeing how dreadful and pitiful he's right now..This is how Verdasco would have been handled in Miami..

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I don't really care about anyone on the poll tbh

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
Roger Federer 2005

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Del Potro. Though I didn't like him in 2009, I have warmed up to him. I hope he can come back healthy and play better again.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
James Blake before he got old and gifted matches to the biggest hoax in tennis history. I can't even remember what year it was. Too bad James had to choke to Agassi and couldn't reach a US Open final against Fed.

As far as people you mentioned, I only miss Del Po

·
Registered
286 Posts
James Blake before he got old and gifted matches to the biggest hoax in tennis history. I can't even remember what year it was. Too bad James had to choke to Agassi and couldn't reach a US Open final against Fed.
Ah you beat me bro.

Come on James!!!!:worship:
Blake is not a CURRENT ATP player :facepalm:
True but we miss him so much

·
Registered
767 Posts
even a federer 2003 would be good for me

but tsonga and del potro for this list yeah

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
GOATzer had wins over Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic in major events within 12 months. Was really unplayable when on.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts