Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? IS halle really faster and lower bouncing than Queens? or are there not that many difference between those two?

·
Super Moderator
8,204 Posts
Halle was never slower than Queen´s, quite the contrary, but Halle has been more and more slower for about five years. I think both tournaments meanwhile are very similar.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I always assumed Queen's was faster with a lower bounce. If Halle has a lower bounce, I'm interested in why Rafa chooses to play there.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Low bouncing and fast come hand in hand on grass generally.

Halle is the fastest and lowest bouncing grasscourts on tour. Period. Queen's is faster than wimbledon, but because Queen's gets more broadcast and exposure, they have to keep it to a sensible fastness... as they want the crowd to be entertained.

Wimbledon has the slowest grasscourts on tour, but they are still fast, obviously. Anybody that says grass isn't fast anymore is a mainstream muppet, listening to toomany pseudo-intellectual puppets.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Halle

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I always assumed Queen's was faster with a lower bounce. If Halle has a lower bounce, I'm interested in why Rafa chooses to play there.
Rafa never plays defensively on grass. So I guess he doesn't mind to have a faster court to prepare for Wimbledon, forcing him to stay closer to the baseline to return serve. Also he never suffers from an disadvantage against baseliners on grass even if the court is fast.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He wants to prove he could be able to beat prime peter CHimpras in Wimby 90's conditions, of course he reads MTF...

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Btw, what is the purpose of discussing bouncing on grass? Every grass court in the world will be low-bouncing. :lol:

Btw, Dull is not playing Halle because it's faster or slower than Queens, but it's because the tournament paid more money for him to come. :shrug:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rafa never plays defensively on grass. So I guess he doesn't mind to have a faster court to prepare for Wimbledon, forcing him to stay closer to the baseline to return serve. Also he never suffers from an disadvantage against baseliners on grass even if the court is fast.
The difficulties for rafa doesnt come with court speeds to which he is able to adapt quickly. He has more problems to play with too lower bounce, because he need more of a mid-higher bounce to produce the topspin where he takes the ball..

·
Registered
744 Posts
I know he likes fast courts, but it's the bounce that surprises me. His struggles on grass over the last couple of years, just like his struggles on indoor hard courts, are because of the low bounce (nullifying his topspin and making him bend his fragile knees).

·
Registered
905 Posts
I don`t know about Halle, but Queens is considered faster than Wimbledon. The bounce is about the same (Extremely hard surface,), but the ball skids of the surface with more pace.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know he likes fast courts, but it's the bounce that surprises me. His struggles on grass over the last couple of years, just like his struggles on indoor hard courts, are because of the low bounce (nullifying his topspin and making him bend his fragile knees).
This!

That`s Why Nadal like Queens. High speed, but also relatively high bounce.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
^Asking that is bannable.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts