Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which choke was worse?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
WRONG! Novotna was not as close to winning as Kevin was today. Also Graf was an all time great player, Dimitrov is not. This was the saddest choke I ever saw. I really feel bad for Kevin. This could prove to the end of him ever winning any tournament. Hopefully, I am wrong.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
this is MTF why women´s match that nobody has seen is in poll, better would be in last 5 years biggest choke but can ´t think which can compete at least

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Almagro Nadal Paris 2009...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Almagro Nadal Paris 2009...
I watched it like week ago, Almagro i think hit 3 from those big 1st serves just Nadal got it back and than once in rally Nadal is favorit, but those weren ´t chokes like Almagro hitting errors left-right, even next set was competitive after that 7-5 was final set, it was normal close match Nadal playing great on MP´s

·
Registered
6,148 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
In a 2006 match against Amy Frazier, Yaroslava Shvedova was serving at 5 games to love and 40–0, one point away from a golden set, when she double-faulted.[5] Shvedova went on to lose the match 6–1, 0–6, 0–6
Didn't get anyway near winning the match but :haha: 40-0 up DF and lost the game and then broke and never got another game

·
6,247 Posts
Dimitrov's choke at the AO this year- where he should have put away a forehand to go 2 Sets to 1 up against Nadal in the QF.
Kevin Anderson's forehand put away was easier - but not as easy as it looks running so close to the net.

·
23,063 Posts
Dimitrov's choke at the AO this year- where he should have put away a forehand to go 2 Sets to 1 up against Nadal in the QF.
Kevin Anderson's forehand put away was easier - but not as easy as it looks running so close to the net.
It was in a TB though. Anderson had 2 chances I think to close it out, but losing 4 points I think based on FH errors, which was Anderson's better wing that enabled him to dictate rallies, is really surreal to watch. The point also that almost every time he got a chance to get momentum to win he loses it. He was able to clutch serves at 0-30 thrice but at 2 TB serves he wasn't even able to make one.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
WRONG! Novotna was not as close to winning as Kevin was today. Also Graf was an all time great player, Dimitrov is not. This was the saddest choke I ever saw. I really feel bad for Kevin. This could prove to the end of him ever winning any tournament. Hopefully, I am wrong.
This choke by Kevin Anderson was worse I agree! Anderson actually had two match points and the guy had chances up 5-4 in the third set tiebreaker. Kevin I am really surprised he just crumbled under the pressure.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Worst chokes I've seen

#3 - Shanghai'12 Murray v Djokovic
#2 - Toronto'14 Anderson v Dimitrov
#1 - AO'13 Almagro v Ferrer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts