Mens Tennis Forums banner

2321 - 2340 of 2346 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I finished the book Princess by James Patterson and Rees Jones. I'm now going to be starting on Murder Games by James Patterson and Howard Roughan.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I finished the Murder Games and then went to The Cornwalls Are Gone by James Patterson and Brendan DuBois. I finished that and I'm now reading The Store by James Patterson and Richard DiLallo.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I finished The Store and will next start reading The First Lady by James Patterson and Brendan DuBois.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm now reading Ambush A Detective Michael Bennett Thriller by James Patterson and James O. Born.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Just finished reading The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. As classics go, it's not very good. A better name for the novel would've been Blood 'n' Guts at Notre-Dame. ;) Hugo makes the ending as grisly as possible, killing off all the major characters. Overall, the book is a real mess, and most of it is quite boring. The most likable character in the whole thing is actually the intelligent goat Djali, who—shockingly enough—Hugo doesn't kill off. He probably should've just called the novel Hello, Djali!!! and focused on her, while dumping most of the other characters. :D

I would not recommend this book, but if you do read it, get the abridged. I think you're much better off watching one of the film adaptations, though, even if they change the ending to something happier.

Les Misérables (also by Hugo) is a lot better, but even that one I'd recommend reading abridged.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials, I started it as a kid, great to finish it all these years later!

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Homo deus by Yuval Noah Harari.

The book (partially philosophical, partially scientific) focuses on humanity and its future based on the present and history.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm now reading the 3rd and last volume of Margaret Thatcher The Authorized Biography: Herself Alone by Charles Moore.

·
justice for all
13,531 Posts
Homo deus by Yuval Noah Harari.

The book (partially philosophical, partially scientific) focuses on humanity and its future based on the present and history.
Interesting. I've recently read another book by the same author 21 lessons for 21st century. It's about the biggest challenges that stand ahead of human civilisation in the near and more distant future. The 3 main the author focuses on are: AI how and whether it replaces humans, climate and ecological crisis and biotechnology. I found it generally interesting but nothing really very revealing.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Really want to get back to reading while I have some time during holidays.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Tennis · A Cultural History · 2nd Edition (2017)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm now reading James Patterson again. The book title on the cover is listed as The House Next Door. However, actually it is The House Next Door, The Killer's Wife, and We. Are. Not. Alone. A 3 in 1 which I didn't catch until I started the book. Normally I don't like books done that way, but with Patterson I'm sure they all 3 will be good.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I've now just noticed that while the book's title on the cover is just listed as The House Next Door and James Patterson is listed on the book as a single writer there is a page inside the book that say The House Next Door was written by Patterson and Susan DiLallo while The Killer's Wife is written by Patterson and Max DiLallo then We. Are. Not. Alone. is written by Patterson and Tim Arnold. I have finished The House Next Door and I'm disappointed in spite of the fact that the book was written with a female writer the woman who is the main character in the story is just too stupid to allow any believably of what was written.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Disappearing Spoon
And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History
of the World from the Periodic Table
of the Elements

( Sam Kean)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Jostein Gaarder - Sophie's World

I've read it as a teenager, it's a completely different book from 30yr old's perspective. I love making these revisits, great insight in how I changed as a person.

2321 - 2340 of 2346 Posts