Mens Tennis Forums banner

2281 - 2300 of 2336 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm reading The Mistress of Paris The 19th-Century Courtesan Who Built an Empire on a Secret by Catherine Hewitt.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I have just started reading Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm much happier with my reading material now! The only fiction I really like is murder mysteries.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle has 27647 pages of reading! No telling how long I'm going to be reading it :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm 60% through Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle. (I can't help thinking of those very old movies I found and watched that had Basil Rathbone playing Sherlock Holmes with Nigel Bruce playing Dr. Watson. I didn't find that many so maybe I should look for some more?)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm 78% through Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle. (I also have watched two more of the old movies with Basil Rathbone playing Sherlock Holmes and Nigel Bruce playing Dr. Watson.)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
"Lord Of The Rings" trilogy for 13th time. Teenage days obsession, can't help myself... welp

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm 95% through Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle. I hope I remember to never start reading another Ultimate Collection of anything!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I have finished Sherlock Holmes: The Ultimate Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle :woohoo: It wasn't that it was a bad read, but I found reading an Ultimate Collection all at one time a bit much.

Now I'm reading my second book by Craig Ferguson called Riding the Elephant A Memoir of Altercations, Humiliations, Hallucinations & Observations. Craig says he does not miss doing his late-night TV show, but I really miss it myself!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I struggling to finish Sapiens- Yuval Noah Harari, although I really like the writing and the subject and I think is a great book.
Another one of fiction that I am struggling to finish is The tenth island- Diana Marcum. I am still trying to read it as it describes a world I never knew about, the Azores. Plus I am curious to see the similarities between their story of mass emigration and the current ones.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm now reading You Must Remember This Life and Style in Hollywood's Golden Age by Robert J. Wagner with Scott Eyman.

Hollywood's Golden Age for movies was from the 1930's through the 1950's. Since I love very old movies I felt I would enjoy this book.

·
Super Moderator
7,257 Posts
I should be finishing Children of Dune shortly. Definitely an improvement over Messiah, which wasn't bad by any means but it meant a drastic change from the original and at least for me it took some time to get the hang of it. But it's no doubt a necessary transition for what comes next.

I'm trying to get all the books from a particular 84/85 edition, which are pretty neat, come with a beautiful cover art and retro sci-fi font for the title (plus nothing like the feeling of an old book) but I've had no luck tracking down a copy of God Emperor of Dune from this edition. Hopefuly I can find it because the brand new edition of these books is downright awful.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,404 Posts
I should be finishing Children of Dune shortly. Definitely an improvement over Messiah, which wasn't bad by any means but it meant a drastic change from the original and at least for me it took some time to get the hang of it. But it's no doubt a necessary transition for what comes next.

I'm trying to get all the books from a particular 84/85 edition, which are pretty neat, come with a beautiful cover art and retro sci-fi font for the title (plus nothing like the feeling of an old book) but I've had no luck tracking down a copy of God Emperor of Dune from this edition. Hopefuly I can find it because the brand new edition of these books is downright awful.
I read these off from the library so yeah I had them pretty old. There was a decent miniseries of Children of Dune too and also the original 1984 film adaptation by David Lynch.

·
Super Moderator
7,257 Posts
I read these off from the library so yeah I had them pretty old. There was a decent miniseries of Children of Dune too and also the original 1984 film adaptation by David Lynch.
I knew there was a british mini-series on the first book but I wasn't aware they'd gone all the way to Children.

2281 - 2300 of 2336 Posts