Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who does Djoker least want to face in the final?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to know where MTF stands on this one.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
No way, #3 (meaning most wants to face) is Mugray, Djokovic OWNS him in Australia. I'd say #2 Rafa, especially because of his poor form, and due to his great form #1 is Rogie.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Now that I can agree with or even Rogie, Mugray, and then Rafa. Either way Rogie's the one Djokovic needs to avoid. Rogie and Djokovic clashing though would be epic, GS #8 vs. GS# 18, and also AO #5 for the winner, the most in the Open Era.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Federer is obviously playing the best out of the three players but if Nadal does get to the final then it means he's playing well himself. Djokovic is pretty comfortable playing Federer over five sets so I'd say Nadal as the only way he'll get to the final is if he picks up form.

Murray shouldn't even be an option.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I am sure even Rafa does not like to play Fed right now but maybe later on when he has some matches won. Djokovic did not play well in Doha and i do not know why. But Nishikori,Raonic,Wawrinka,Ferrer even Karlovic played really well. Federer played very high level tennis in Brisbane.
Nishikori/Raonic and Federer/Raonic played really good matches. But we do not know how anyone is going to play at AO. Many things could happen.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I am interested to know where MTF stands on this one.
AO'15

Temperature ? Wind? Way to the finals, number of 5-setters ...?

0. Wawrinka (impossible again, because for the 6th time in a row HC Stanimal is in his half,quarter or 1/8 at HC slam)
1. Murray if 100%
2. Nadal if at 95%
3. Federer

But the difference is really not that big this time though.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Wawrinka

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Now that I can agree with or even Rogie, Mugray, and then Rafa. Either way Rogie's the one Djokovic needs to avoid. Rogie and Djokovic clashing though would be epic, GS #8 vs. GS# 18, and also AO #5 for the winner, the most in the Open Era.

I am not sure about Novak whether he will get to SF. Raonic showed extraordinary high level tennis and Nishikory as well. I have seen Raonic to play like that before. But i think Nishikori is more dangerous.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Federer, since he is in the best form out of the 3 at the moment.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
probably Nadal

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Federer, since he is in the best form out of the 3 at the moment.
based on what? I'd give it a few matches before spouting off things like that. we don't know any of their forms that well

·
Registered
769 Posts
Rafa, and it's not even close. IF Rafa gets to the final (that's the biggest IF you could possibly imagine), he will be extremely tough to beat. Of course, Novak will still start as the firm favorite, but it's not going to be easy for him.

I understand the optimism around Fed as he has been playing some great tennis over the last few months. But I don't think he can beat Novak on plexicushion. If this was Dubai/Wimbledon/Halle/Shanghai, then possibly yes, I would have given him a good chance. But beating Novak on plexicushion will take a super human physical effort, and I don't think Fed will be able to muster one at this point, especially towards the end of a physically brutal tournament. One of Milos/Kei/Stan need to take out Novak for Fed to have a decent chance in the final, and I don't think they will.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
There is no Big 4

·
The Last Mohican
24,808 Posts
Roger. That's funny how Roger is a tougher opponent for Novak as a man going into his 34th year.

Wafa was never a threat to Novak after 2013 USO. 2014 RG was simply illness.

·
29,699 Posts
Hard to say but he'll beat any of them handsomely I think. Federer would bother him on a quicker HC and possibly USO still but not here. The bottom half's best hope is Stan magic or Kei doing the deed again.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Definitely not Nadal....he can only beat Djoke here on good form in a marathon bloodbath, and those days are in his six now. On balance of forum it has to be Fed. Let's be honest, Nole would start prohibitive favorite against any of them. I rather think his biggest challenge here will come from Kei/Wawa and perhaps on a big showing from Raonic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts