Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which 1990-1994 Boy Will be the Future of ATP?

• Ryan Harrison

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Milos Raonic

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Grigor Dimitrov

Votes: 42 76.4%
  • Christian Harrison

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • David Goffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernard Tomic

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
undefeated.
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan Harrison

Milos Raonic

Grigor Dimitrov

Christian Harrison

David Goffin

Bernard Tomic

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Was there a real need to post pictures of them posing as Hugo Boss models? lol Excuse to picwhore.

Harrison - Will amount to mere nothing. America overhyped him. Donald Duck and Jack Sock will achieve further.

Goffin - Is too light-weight for the main tour. Lacks the physicality and just gets blown away on the court when facing power.

Tomic - Is a young man that's prioirity is the clubbing life, boozing and snorting yayo. He only focuses himself for the grass-court season.

Raonic - Will serve his way to a grandslam and masters series or two.

Dimitrov - Only one there that will be a serious figure in the next generation of tennis stars.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
bernie of course

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Nobody in this generation will amount to anything special. They are all stop-gaps before the real stars from the 95-98 generation come along.

I think Thiem will win some slams, Vesely one or two as well. Apart from that, I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Dimitrov, Bernie is the Wild Card as he might start getting his act toghether, ie: when he has to grind challengers for 6mos or so like what happened to Gulbis.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
2016 will come, Tomic will still be ranked around 80-120 and the likes of SL and Newcomer will still believe he's gonna be the next Nadal I guess. Pretty fun. :lol:

·
10,272 Posts
:superlol:

At this thread.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Nobody in this generation will amount to anything special. They are all stop-gaps before the real stars from the 95-98 generation come along.

I think Thiem will win some slams, Vesely one or two as well. Apart from that, I don't think so.
You've got to love Bulldog's predictions. Remember when you claimed Yang Tsung-hua would have a better career than Dimitrov and Javier Marti was the better claycourter? :haha:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
You've got to love Bulldog's predictions. Remember when you claimed Yang Tsung-hua would have a better career than Dimitrov and Javier Marti was the better claycourter? :haha:
??????

FIND THAT POST!

:haha: :haha:vvv:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
It wasn't him I think, it was a guy named J99. Sadly I wasn't in MTF at that time to give a proper answer to that gem with one of my walrus' GIF's. :lol:

Tseng is a good player. No surprises he managed to do this.
I was hoping Yang would win this in a way, cause he's the better player, at least his future looks brighter than Dimitrov's right now.
You're right about Marti's though, he really said he was the better claycourter. Sadly, the thread was closed. :haha:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=263482&highlight=marti+dimitrov

PS Just noticed TopSpinDoctor also posted on this thread. :lol: Fortunatelly his one-year ban is coming to an end this month!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Back on track, I think Tomic has the talent to do well but there is so much drama around him, it's hard for him just to concentrate on his game. I think the next year will be make or break for him.

·
Registered
724 Posts
What future ? They should already be the present.. Grisho and Raonic are the the only one with good results but hard to say how much they can achieve in terms of winning slams. I like Christian Harrison but he is injured for a long time and I'm not an optimist about even a decent career. Tomic problems are not in the court and with a father like this.. I think he can explode someday only for a moment when his head thinks about tennis (not about booze, cars and etc) but hardly will keep it for a long time. Ryan Harrison got no potential for something really big.. he is better than he is now but at his best he is mediocre. Goffin got beautiful game to me but that's all. He is really short and lightweight so no he is not a future of ATP but I still like him.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
No, it was The Bulldog (as The Prince was known then) that made both those claims.
False. I admit it about Marti (but I said he was 'every bit as good' which doesn't necessarily equate to better), and I would have been proven right had it not been for constant injuries. I've never made any predictions about Yang's future though. I'm not sure where you're getting your facts from?

Pretty sure Doktor Carpet just gave you the evidence that it was another poster who said that?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
None of them actually....

Will play until he's 40.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts