·
Banned
4,868 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Re: Where's Borna? (Borna's Schedule)

He'll play Moscow after Shanghai (Marin will also play in Moscow). I've updated the second post in this topic.
After that I'd expect he'd finish his year with Basel and Paris-Bercy but probably best to wait until the entry lists come out?

I've also added the IPTL to the above :)
http://www.iptlworld.com/team-philippine-mavericks.php

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

Berd lover, what is the likelihood of him getting the 32nd rank? Is this possible by the end of the season?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Berd lover, what is the likelihood of him getting the 32nd rank? Is this possible by the end of the season?
It is possible but only if he has a few good tournament performances during the remainder of the season, as he's going to be dropping some points. I think the more likely outcome will be that he'll finish somewhere in the 40s, though maybe just inside the Top 40 if he has one very good tournament :)

Borna's about to lose 90 points. His 110 points from Izmir Challenger last year will be dropped and replaced by his next best tournament (20 points). So he'll be on 1071 points on Monday.
Basel's 180 points near the end of October are the biggest hurdle for his chances of reaching the Top 32 though

On the subject of Basel, I've added that to his schedule above. He's the first alternate at Basel, the cut-off ranking for Basel was 29! It is near certain that at least one player will withdraw, so he should near 100% get into the main draw :smile2:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

I think Basel is a great experience. Even if he were to manage to face someone like Federer or Djokovic early on, it would be a great experience to have under his belt. The more familiar with the tougher opponents, the better for him eventually.

ATP Shenzhen - Tomas Berdych and Marin Cilic Lead the Title Race!

Looking at 2015 ATP Shenzen, assuming this is correct. Berdych, Cilic, Robredo, Garcia-Lopez, Kohlschreiber, Klizan, and Mannarino are the other seeds named. Not too bad considering last year had nightmare opponents like Murray, Simon, Seppi, Ferrer etc. in comparison. Fair enough.

This draw is very interesting. Good luck Borna :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Unclear whether Borna will still play the IPTL exhibition. Recent news articles (including one published today) mention him as playing:
IPTL-TV5 partnership an ace | News | Philippine Mavericks | Philstar.com
Coric thwarted in Kremlin Cup; Monfils log Vienna win | News | Philippine Mavericks | Philstar.com
The Philippine Mavericks Facebook page has him on their cover photo https://www.facebook.com/philippinemavericks/photos/a.1489471534652059.1073741826.1489375541328325/1603492016583343/?type=3&permPage=1

Meanwhile, the Team's profile page doesn't list him The official Website of the International Premier Tennis League | Teams | IPTLWorld.com

Confusing :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts

Unclear whether Borna will still play the IPTL exhibition. Recent news articles (including one published today) mention him as playing:
IPTL-TV5 partnership an ace | News | Philippine Mavericks | Philstar.com
Coric thwarted in Kremlin Cup; Monfils log Vienna win | News | Philippine Mavericks | Philstar.com
The Philippine Mavericks Facebook page has him on their cover photo https://www.facebook.com/philippinemavericks/photos/a.1489471534652059.1073741826.1489375541328325/1603492016583343/?type=3&permPage=1

Meanwhile, the Team's profile page doesn't list him The official Website of the International Premier Tennis League | Teams | IPTLWorld.com

Confusing :crazy:
I think both him and Thomas Johansson were supposed to play but b/c they split both cancelled. I think it's great that he will not play, more time to prepare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts