Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it excellent? He hit 26 aces against Vesely in four sets with first serve % around 72-73.

How good is it? I've seen people claiming he's new servebot like Raonic though his ground game looks strong (plenty of winners).

Is he spot server like Fed or Raonic like with extra pace and advantage of height?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Toss gives you no read, but I'd say he hits pretty big. He can definitely add more MPH to it if he wants, but it would sacrifice a lot of accuracy.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Kyrgios a servebot :lol: He's hit a lot this week but that isn't overly surprising given his opposition.

He's got a pretty damn good flat serve but overall it's nowhere near the level of Raonic.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
He's no where near Isner or Raonic's level but has a very good flat serve and often goes for pace and can improve as he develops

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Milos faced him at RG, so I got to see a direct comparison. His serve is good, but not anywhere near Isner/Raonic good. Kyrgios has huge ground strokes, but they're far less consistent than Raonic's at this point in his career too.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Flat serve, pretty consistent. Rafa will definitely need time to adjust to it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Who cares whether his serve is the biggest? Sampras didn't have the biggest serve, but it was the best. Kyrgios is showing early in his career that he is clutch with it and can hit his spots in big moments. That's what made Sampras such a great server. Was Sampras a servebot? Who knows how he develops, but it's promising early in his career.
Pace server, can hit it with variety too but goes for power on first serve mostly and tries to finish points with one-two.
You obviously missed him hitting it down the T with ease, then mixing it up when Vesely started to lean that way. He's absolutely calculated with his serving.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Lots of pace, works well down the T

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Not top 3 level obviously - Ivo, John, Milos, but we can call him big server and it really helps him a lot, somewhere about Gulbis level i think

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
number 1 in aces on wimbledon so far

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts