Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So he deffo retired too soon. That's sure. I mean body and ability wise.

Just how early?
What would rank be now?
I say between 40-60, which would still be very profitable.
If he was still playing, how much longer would he have?

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts
He cannot stay healthy on the tour grind. 20 events a year on multiple continents, plus the isolating tour life, he was over it. Plus the man has a family. It is tough to fly around the world and miss your wife and daughters growing up to play a sport when you already have more than enough money to retire.

It is much easier and much more fun to just come out and play well in a local home country airport hangar with no pressure in an exho

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
He never was a top 100 player after February 2015, and suddenly he would be top 50 five years later, well into his fourties :ROFLMAO: just curious is there any player who has been ranked in the top 50 at that age?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Thiem was pretty awful in the first set, made Haas looks better than he really was.

I expect a much torrid time against RBA who doesn't give away much tomorrow.

I doubt he would be top 100 unless he gets tons of WCs and lucky draws.

·
11,087 Posts
2013 Haas was the most aspiring story in tennis history.

Was 2017 Federer years before it happened.

Only sham is Tommy didnt make WTF that year

Reactions: Xristos

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
He would be still playing, all these players are desperate for money and love competition, he would be playing at least the slams and Masters events if he had that ranking. Impossible at 42 yo, only exception I can imagine is Roger in the next few years.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Roger will be ranked inside the top 50 at 42 years old if he decides to keep playing. One of a kind. Maybe Novak too, but that's up to him, I cannot see any other player able to do it.

·
Registered
16,425 Posts
I thought exhos don‘t matter?

Haha. Hypocrite.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never mentioned scores or anything. Merely due to seeing him hit a ball and made me wonder. Not one reference to this week whatsoever

·
Registered
16,425 Posts
I never mentioned scores or anything. Merely due to seeing him hit a ball and made me wonder. Not one reference to this seek whatsoever
Huh? Scores? What lol

No one based Sinner‘s impressions on score either.

And I doubt you would have made this thread if hehad lost 2 and 2 because of „how he hit the ball“.

How well you play to the naked eye correlates with the score

·
Banned
930 Posts
He would be ranked "Federer approved". Got his well earned paycheck and long-term friendship since French Open 2009.

·
Registered
27,246 Posts
I'd just like big Thomas to comeback regardless because his last ever win on tour was underwhelming to say the least.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
there is a very big difference between playing the tour week in and out and playing an exhibition match . lets be real here. he wouldnt even be top 300. he's 42. he couldnt handle it

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just remembered the loss Federer had to him in 2017. LOL

Probably outside the Top 100. But if he wants to attempt a comeback, he's free to. Comebacks are en vogue these days.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts