Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would he still be a one slam wonder with Murray, Federer, Nadal etc adding to their slam count?

Discuss.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Dead.

Lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
This is an interesting question, one that I never asked myself. I think he would be able to get at least 2 more slams, people forget that even with his problems he was still #3 in the world behind Nadal and federer making the semis and finals of slams.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Gluten allergy story is bullshit.

Egg is real.

Reactions: Secondeuce

·
Registered
690 Posts
Another interesting question is what would have happened had he found his gluten allergy 3 years earlier?
Coincidently, I was searching for Feds quotes trashing Djokovic when he had health problems and had to retire from matches just minutes ago and I had the same thoughts. They took too long to find out... He even had nasal surgery to fix his breathing issues and in the end it was the gluten allergy. Seriously, think about this: he had a surgery to fix an allergic issue.:eek:

To OP's question, he would at least win one more slams playing at night in Australia, probably. To your question, well... He'd be challenging Nadal right now.Probably ahead of him and close to Federer.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another interesting question is what would have happened had he found his gluten allergy 3 years earlier? I have created a separate thread for that: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=673281
I don't know if I have gluten allergy or not, but I switched to a gluten free diet and lost close to 20 pounds in 3 months without any change in my lifestyle. I feel more energetic and feel less exhausted when doing strenuous activities such as hiking or running up the stairs. I am not a Djokovic fan, never have been, and at first I was among those who doubted his gluten free regimen. But now I don't, because if it can help an average Joe like me, then a worldclass professional athlete could benefit way more from it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I don't know if I have gluten allergy or not, but I switched to a gluten free diet and lost close to 20 pounds in 3 months without any change in my lifestyle. I feel more energetic and feel less exhausted when doing strenuous activities such as hiking or running up the stairs. I am not a Djokovic fan, never have been, and at first I was among those who doubted his gluten free regimen. But now I don't, because if it can help an average Joe like me, then a worldclass professional athlete could benefit way more from it.
You've must been using egg chamber, stop with this gluten rubbish !

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Stop calling it a "gluten allergy". That is NOT correct terminology. He has "non-celiac gluten sensitivity". There are people with a gluten allergy, but they respond with an anaphalactic type of response (like those with a peanut allergy, etc). You people make those of us with actual celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity suffer more when you dismiss this as "rubbish". Yes, it would've been nice had he been diagnosed a few years before, I also wondered if he got that surgery for his breathing issues and really didn't need it. However, for most people with these two problems, it takes almost a decade to be properly diagnosed. It took me 30 YEARS to be properly diagnosed, I was misdiagnosed for many many years because my symptoms were not typical most of that time, I only got the proper diagnosis after I almost died from the malnutrition. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease. It is hereditary. There is usually stress that triggers the genes to "turn on". It took me THREE YEARS of getting 19 foods (not only the gluten, but most foods I ate due to the "leaky gut" caused by eating gluten) out of my diet for me to heal to the point of actually getting my blood work normal and being in what they call remission. I have a very high probability of getting lymphoma because of celiac disease. I also am more likely to get other autoimmune diseases and other cancers. Rubbish? I don't think so. Now for those with the non-celiac gluten sensitivity, it does NOT cause an autoimmune response, but does cause damage to the body in other ways, such as joint damage or breathing issues, depends on the person.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Was it officially gluten that was the issue?
Officially yes. :D And some of the more gullible posters on this board even fall for the story. :p

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I am baffled by persons who find "official story" false, but fail to present something more than a giggle.
What do you have to offer to us in order to believe you instead an official story ? You must have something in your head that makes you so certain it isn't what is told to be truth. Why won't you share ?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I am baffled by persons who find "official story" false, but fail to present something more than a giggle.
What do you have to offer to us in order to believe you instead an official story ? You must have something in your head that makes you so certain it isn't what is told to be truth. Why won't you share ?
Why? By training harder than everyone else obviously. :lol: The other guys are just lazy. And by making his diet gluten free to improve his fitness, incredible stuff. Can make a guy who defaulted matches into ironman who can run hard for hours without dropping level. :eek:

It seems to work to remove body fat percentage as well, wow, he must have the lowest in ATP by now. All in all this gluten free diet made ND into an unbelievable athlete. Others guys should try it too sometimes. :D

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Why? By training harder than everyone else obviously. :lol: The other guys are just lazy. And by making his diet gluten free to improve his fitness, incredible stuff. Can make a guy who defaulted matches into ironman who can run hard for hours without dropping level. :eek:

It seems to work to remove body fat percentage as well, wow, he must have the lowest in ATP by now. All in all this gluten free diet made ND into an unbelievable athlete. Others guys should try it too sometimes. :D
Training harder than others ? Who said so ? Maybe he is training smarter than others.

Wiki: From the fall 2006, Djokovic had an Israeli fitness coach Ronen Bega, but the two parted ways during spring 2009 since Djokovic decided to make a change after identifying his conditioning as a weakness in his game following continual losses to Nadal. In April 2009, ahead of the Rome Masters, Djokovic hired Austrian Gebhard Phil-Gritsch (formerly worked with Thomas Muster) to join the team in fitness coach capacity.
In July 2010, before the Davis Cup clash away at Croatia, Djokovic made another addition to his team – nutritionist Igor Četojević who additionally focuses on Chinese medicine and does acupuncture.[240] He discovered the tennis player suffers from gluten intolerance and cannot eat gluten, purging it from his diet. It appeared to have worked as Djokovic began feeling stronger, quicker, and much more fit

All you just tossed out there are presumptions. "Iron man" Did Iron man beat Wawrinka after 3 days of playing tennis, or it was other way around ? Do you ever watch Novak gasping on the court while Federer in 33 is cool as a cucumber ? Did you ever check how much Novak runs in one match and how much his opponent ? Almost always happens that Novak runs less than his opponent. Trains harder than others and has lowest body fat on ATP tour ? Where did you come with this stuff ? Who said this other than you ? I was 187 cm tall and had 78 kg for a long time (Djokovic is 188cm and 78kg) in my early life (from 17-30), I just couldn't get enough weight on me no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't understand why, but now when I have 95 kg I understand it was solely because of my constant physical activity.

So, everything it was given as an "official story" seem to have connections with real life, real medicine, real situation with people in sports. And all you are giving is "oh yeah, :rolleyes: sure it is... :rolleyes: " So I ask you again what do you have as a proof apart from disliking Novak ?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Any clown who says gluten allergy is false, why don't you be brave and tell us what you think really happened?

Anyway, he would have way more than 9 slams that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
@Ja znam sebe, I don't think we should continue this discussion in this thread; I sent you a PM.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts