Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where would ______ have been in the GOAT list with an average _________?

• 0 slams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 slams

• 4-7 slams

• 8-10 slams

• 11-15 slams

• 17+ slams

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ???

• ????

• But any problem cannot be found.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where would they be?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Where would Novak have been in the GOAT list with an average umpiring and schedule?

Clearly, 17+ slams, #1 on the GOAT list.

:shrug:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Where would Nadal be with an average Forehand?

Not even meaning average in terms of quality, but just style. If he had say, Murray's forehand, where would he rank?

I think he would have significantly less slams, especially during Fed's dominant era. Without the high bounce to the backhand, Fed probably wins most of their early matches easily.

He would probably have a few RG's because he is very solid on clay in all aspects of the game.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
And DelPo? With average number of injuries? This is a very interesting case...
He would still be sitting at 2-3 slams, he could have won 1-2 more USOs since, but at other slams no chance.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Where would Jerzy Janowicz be in the GOAT list with average physical health and mentality? HOW MANY TIMES would he have won a GS?

·
justice for all
13,158 Posts
Where would Jerzy Janowicz be in the GOAT list with average physical health and mentality? HOW MANY TIMES would he have won a GS?
You are overestimating his talent unless it meant to be a joke...

Janowicz had two great runs (Paris 2012 and Wimbledon 2013) but once he got figured out the better players (the majority of TOP20) were beating him on regular basis and it had nothing to do with his mentality.

·
justice for all
13,158 Posts
He would still be sitting at 2-3 slams, he could have won 1-2 more USOs since, but at other slams no chance.
I think you are right but that's still a lot more than he has now. He might have snatched 1 Wimbledon too in one of the weaker years like in 2016 for example.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You are overestimating his talent unless it meant to be a joke...

Janowicz had two great runs (Paris 2012 and Wimbledon 2013) but once he got figured out the better players (the majority of TOP20) were beating him on regular basis and it had nothing to do with his mentality.
I used to be a fan of Jerzy and it was a joy to watch his game sometimes but I'm unbiased enough to admit that he probably wouldn't have toppled Big3 achievements (even with a good health).

·
The special one
14,041 Posts
And DelPo? With average number of injuries? This is a very interesting case...
That's true, the same case can be made for Murray as well. Both players I'm sure would've won more slams of not for bad luck with injuries.
As soon as that Eurosport top 10 predictions for 2018 came out 5 years ago he was doomed. That placed a curse on him along with Paire, Tomic and Gulbis.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
What cars would Tomic drive with an average income?
He even wouldn't afford a petrol tank lid from Kyrgios' car sale advertisement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts