Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Nadal is currently ranked at 7 in the world. We all know he won't get seeded 7th for the French . How high do you think he will be seeded then ? Do we already know as I haven't heard anything yet ? My guess is he will be seeded 3rd although I do believe he should be seeded by his ranking which could be 7th maybe higher but most likely lower. Although he is still the clear favourite for the French for obvious reasons . Like 9 titles in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Use official ranking and live ranking. Do your computations. He will not be 3rd seed for sure.

·
Registered
16,924 Posts
#4. He should win Rome with his current level.
He should NOT win Rome with his current level.
Only blind/deluded fanboys say the opposite.

So he will be seeded around #5-6 this time at RG, realistically.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
When has RG adjusted seeding? I thought that only happened at Wimbledon where they use a formula to determine seeding.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,592 Posts
When has RG adjusted seeding? I thought that only happened at Wimbledon where they use a formula to determine seeding.
They haven't. RG 2013 they didn't do it either when Nadal was out of top 4. I don't think they'll pull strings this time round either. Only way for Nadal to be seeded 4th is if he wins Rome and neither Nishikori or Berdych reach the SF.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
As long as he meets Federer I dont care.... in fact earlier the better.

thats probably the only Nadal match the Fed cult defenders do not watch

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
As long as he meets Federer I dont care.... in fact earlier the better.

thats probably the only Nadal match the Fed cult defenders do not watch
actually i would like that to happen in the QF of RG..
i didnt have the opportunity to witness one of their RG matches and i would like to watch one with the hope that maybe federer will do it once..
also,if they meet it means that fed will reach at least QF and im happy with that:cool:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
actually i would like that to happen in the QF of RG..
i didnt have the opportunity to witness one of their RG matches and i would like to watch one with the hope that maybe federer will do it once..
also,if they meet it means that fed will reach at least QF and im happy with that:cool:
You are not a cultist then - mate!!

So it wasnt for you :) Hope Federer does well for your sake !

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Serena Williams 2004, she was ranked 7 but was given a seed of 2. At Wimbledon 2004 ranked 10 seeded 1, US Open ranked 11 seeded 3. The entire year she was given a special seeding higher than her rank.

·
Registered
16,924 Posts
Serena Williams 2004, she was ranked 7 but was given a seed of 2. At Wimbledon 2004 ranked 10 seeded 1, US Open ranked 11 seeded 3. The entire year she was given a special seeding higher than her rank.
Meaningless answer, because it never happened in the ATP.

Hopefully never ever will, and it is good that way.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I can't recall any of the Grand Slams ever arbitrarily changing the men's seedings, though.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
The sooner he loses, the better for the game. He has won more than he should. Hope Djokovic takes this title though. Novak has not won enough titles lately. Federer winning RG would also be great. He needs this to end GOAT debates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts