Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With players like Gulbis and Raonic on the rise, where will Delpo end up by the time he is back? He has 4,125 points now and is ranked 7th. He will lose 720 from Wimby, 45 from Queens, 450 from the summer 1000s, and 500 from Washington by the time summer is over (let me know if I'm forgetting any). This leaves him at...2,410, which right now would put him at 14th.

Thoughts? And who will be taking his spot in the top 8, Gulbis or Raonic? Or even Isner?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Dead race between Raonic and Gulbis, but my pick is Raonic, less prone to flops.

Isner is sub par compared to first 2.

Delpo will always have shadow of injury over him, he might get a good tourney or two, but he will never be unstoppable machine for which he had really real chances and potential to be.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
He won't play again this year, so he will end up around #150.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He should use the protected-ranking.
But he won't achieve anything bigger in this career I believe because of his ever-plaguing wrist injury and his poor stamina in Best of 5 grand slam matches

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
What about Nishikori and Dimitrov

top 8 will be: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Ferrer, Berdych, Wawrinka. so the last spot is between Nishikori, Roanic, Dimitrov and Gulbis.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Wherever the points he already got this year get him, doubt he will be playing again this year.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
He's got 385 points in the Race...that puts him about 150 in the rankings, that's about where he'll end up. His first big drop will be after Wimbledon when his SF points drop off.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
The gap between 8th and 9th is still pretty big. Unless Raonic makes the finals at Halle (which I'm not deluded enough to think will happen), Raonic will still have to make the round of 16 in order to guarantee he moves past him. (Or round of 32 if he makes semis at Halle)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts