• Out of the top 20.

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about Murray's current status, he's coming back from an injury next week and has some points to defend for the rest of the year.

His main points come from : ATP Masters Series Cincinnati, ATP Masters Series Canada, Washington and US Open with also a couple of third rounds from both indoor masters series.

I think he might struggle defending Cincy and Canada, and I reckon he will slip down the rankings by the end of the year, from 20-15.

I think Shanghai is out of the question.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
It looks like it is going to recovery rate dependent...
If he gets back into the groove pretty sharpish then top 10 isn't totally out of the question...
Will say top 15 though..

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
I just hope he doesn't come back too soon, got to take make sure the wrist is right.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive had wrist injuries before, and plenty pros have had them, especially in recent times and they are tricky to time your comeback. Scrichaphan came back too early and look what happened to him.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Well I think the injury was doing good for him! It helped him shoot up more rankings!

I think playing again was a bad move! he will drop out of the top 20 :eek:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
top 20

That injury couldn't have come at a worse time. It completely stalled his season when he had a chance to pick up some points. He has to come back with a big chunk of points to defend almost immediately.

Short term irritation.

Over the longer term it'll work itself through and he'll be up where he belongs in due course.

Most important that the wrist is fully healed before he returns - he's been doing a LOT of recuperation and strengthening on it, and gym work in general during his enforced layoff. I'm glad he's been sensible about it and not tried to come back before it was ready, regardless of the short-term rankings hit.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Hopefully he is 100% ready before he starts playing matches again.

But I'd say top 15. Sure, he probably won't defend all the points he accrued on the US hardcourts last year, but he should make up some ground indoors later this year.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Well he's dealt with the situation really well, he hasn't rushed back at all so I'm expecting one or two rusty tournies before he gets back to what he was doing before.

I say top 15.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
He shouldn't worry too much about the ranking. He's still very young and has plenty of time. His time will come.
Much more important is to recover completely before getting back on court.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Madame Tussauds, right next to the Jamie Murray version of him.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Top 20.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Top 15 is not totally out of question if he comes back well, but his wrist complete healing is what really matters.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't think for one minute he'll make Washington. I still haven't heard of him hitting forehands at full strength. I think it might take quite a while longer to heal well enough for him to play anywhere close to his previous level. I see him finishing top 20, maybe even lower depending upon his recovery.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts