Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have been saying that we should go out for a while now we just haven't found the time. Now there is time and i dont know where to take her she says she would go anywhere but i need some ideas and suggestions

·
Banned
14,727 Posts
like a date date? or a casual date?

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
And whether you're a guy or a gal :p

How long you know her? You're living in a city or a town or village or.....

How much money you have?

There are so many factors and so many possibilities.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am a guy I just turned 16 and I have known her for about 1 year and a half. I live in a city and its near a beach and everything. I do have a fare bit of money and I just wanna make it special for her.

·
Banned
14,727 Posts
dinner, movie, walk on the beach
I'd say get a bottle of wine but i dunno what the drinking age is where you are

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its 18 and i dont drink wine lol and i doubt she would but the wlak on the beach sounds good, thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Ask her what she wants to do. Always see what the girl wants to do.

First of all, when you decide on a date and the day comes, give her flowers and chocolates to start the night off. She will like that. Also attach a small romantic poem to the flowers or chocolates.

From there, take her out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Preferably 3 course meal.

From there, you two go see a movie of her choice. Let her choose the movie.

Then go for a nice walk along the beach after the movie for about an hour or more.

Then after that, you take her back home and say your goodbyes and the night is finished. Give her a kiss on the cheek and leave it there.

Hopefully she enjoyed herself, she is happy, you enjoyed yourself and you are happy.

I've got plenty of ideas, but out of all the ideas I have, I chose this one for you.

Good luck with it and hopefully everything turns out good!

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Okay, another option if you don't like that one.

Go meet her at her house. Flowers and Chocolates give to her. What I forgot in my other post was to write a small romantic poem and attach it with the flowers or chocolates.

If you are around any nice public gardens, have a picnic under the shade of a tree in a quiet place. It's a nice romantic/beautiful setting to sit down talk and eat something nice. Cheaper than the restaurant idea and just as good because of the romantic setting.

Take her to a movie of her choice and then you take her out to dinner afterwards somewhere.

Then follow up with a romantic walk along the beach just after dark.

Then take her home and hopefully things have worked out good and both of you and you both enjoyed your afternoon together. When she's home, give her a small kiss on the cheek and leave it there.

If you need help with a short romantic poem sometime, I could probably help you out.

You can alternate things around to which suits you. There's plenty more ideas but sharing 2 ideas is good enough. Take your pick as to which one is better for you and feel free to change them around a bit. They're just general guidelines. I could make it wholly romantic if I wanted to, but she should like those things I mentioned.

I'm good with ideas. And I also tend to be a very romantic person, like with things I do when I'm with a girl and I can say things on the spot and make her blush and feel mushy and what have you.

It would be good for me to implement my own ideas, but thats the trouble when you're single. So helping you out is not a problem on my end. :)

Good luck with her. Hope you 2 end up together.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Blowe said:
dinner, movie, walk on the beach
I'd say get a bottle of wine but i dunno what the drinking age is where you are
fuck the foreplay, get her straight to the motel mate ;)

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts
at 16?

don't go overboard...now

I've always been a fan of attending a sporting event or local festival on early dates. 'Street' food...is fun and not that expensive...even if it's not always that good. It's hard to screw up ice cream :yeah: If she offers to pay for/split some costs...let her...except when it comes to dessert. ;) If you're at a festival, stop at one of the booths...and let her pick out a small item as a momento.

But Bolar did give you some good advice here...

Bolar Bolabi said:
... take her back home and say your goodbyes and the night is finished. Give her a kiss on the cheek and leave it there.
Holding hands is :cool:...but only if she tries to initiate it. If the sparks are there, going slow at first just ups the ante...later on. :aplot:

Movies are OK...but they don't give you any time to really talk and interact; it's just something to do. You don't have to be super-creative...but something just a bit out of the ordinary...will make you and the date...memorable.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
if it's a first date don't go overboard on the romace, no chocolates necessary. asking her what she wants to do is a good idea. do something fun and kind of unusual, mostly make sure it's something where you'll have the chance to get to know her. i've always thought it would be fun to go on a date to some sporting event, or an amusement park or even the zoo(yeah it sounds a bit odd but it's fun, and chances are you'll be the first guy to have taken her to the zoo, it'll be memorable). oh and make sure you feed her at some point, hungry chicks usually get grumpy, at least i do :)

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Angle Queen said:
Movies are OK...but they don't give you any time to really talk and interact; it's just something to do. You don't have to be super-creative...but something just a bit out of the ordinary...will make you and the date...memorable.
I agree that movies don't give you time to talk and interact and I never even liked the thought of going to a movie on the first or second date anyway. I always said no to the idea until I finally tried it and it seemed to work. If you do other things beforehand where you can talk and interact for a few hours, then doing something not talking, like watching a movie or something else where you two can get a break from talking, gives a good break and freshens both people concerned up. Then go back to talking and interacting after the movie. That seems to work.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
PaulieM said:
if it's a first date don't go overboard on the romace, no chocolates necessary. asking her what she wants to do is a good idea. do something fun and kind of unusual, mostly make sure it's something where you'll have the chance to get to know her. i've always thought it would be fun to go on a date to some sporting event, or an amusement park or even the zoo(yeah it sounds a bit odd but it's fun, and chances are you'll be the first guy to have taken her to the zoo, it'll be memorable). oh and make sure you feed her at some point, hungry chicks usually get grumpy, at least i do :)
I was talking on experiences which has worked for me and I do believe chocolates are a good idea.

You're a girl, right? Let me ask you a few questions.

Would you say no to chocolates? I don't think so.
If someone gave you chocolates, regardless of how big or how small, would you not feel a buzz inside yourself? I don't think so.

I've never had a problem with giving the girl chocolates on a first date. They loved it because they weren't expecting it and it was a surprise to them and made them cheerful.

Zoo idea, I love. I was talking to a mate about the zoo idea a few weeks ago actually. We were both saying that a zoo is a good place to take a girl. Not many people go to zoo's on the first date, so its something different and something more lively. An aquarium is also a good idea.

Sporting event, been there, done that and loved it.

Amusement park - havn't done yet.

The last first date I went on, we went to public gardens, grabbed something to eat and drink and sat down under a tree and talked and got to know each other - all afternoon. Lay down on the grass, talked, threw grass at each other etc. We changed spots a few times, however. There were a group of teenage boys and they decided to go into a big bush type thing that was about 15m away from us. Now, the girl I was with was very good looking, so we thought it was suss what they were doing. So we went up and moved elsewhere.

After that, we went to the football.

The second time, we went for a drive somewhere - something different down the coast and had a look over the sea etc from a lookout. Saw seals in the water too. Counted 6 of them and she loved it.

Anyway, we spent more and more time together after that and after a while, we decided just to be friends. I felt something for her, but she didn't feel anything for me. So it was good to spend time with each other more by doing things like this. At least from the whole situation, i kept a friend, and that's the main thing. I did not feel my time was wasted at all because I thoroughly enjoyed myself and more importantly, she was very happy and she enjoyed herself immensly. She's my best friend now. We have an amazing amount of things in common, but unfortunately, even over time, her feelings never changed to more than friends.

So Jordanaus, if things don't go the way you want after the first date, don't feel bad. The main thing is that she enjoyed herself and you enjoyed yourself too. Being patient is the key. Even after time, if she doesn't feel anything, don't be too sad by it. At least you 2 had fun and had a great time and at least you're close to each other and friends. Friends is the next big thing and there's no such thing as too many friends. Bide your time and fate will either lead you to be bf/gf or to just be friends. If on the otherhand she initiates something and gives you an idea that she likes you and is ready for a relationship, if you are ready, then don't hold back. If you're not ready, hold back. But if she doesn't initiate anything, but you still want to be with her, then don't get full on. A small kiss on the cheek to say good-bye is the first step and as touched on not long ago, fate will point you in the direction after you two spend more time together.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
sports freak said:
Just be yourself mate and be honest!!!!you'll be half way there,dont hesitate on giving her a compliment and SMILE champ!!!!!!
Can't disagree with this. Compliment. I'm the master at giving compliments as I said in a post already in this thread. Sorry jordanaus, can't help you there. I'm lucky because for me, saying things at the right moment and giving compliments comes naturally. Downside of this is that it gets myself in trouble because girls seem to take advantage of it and I'm the one left dangling hurt. :mad:

I agree with be yourself and be honest because there's nothing worse than people pretending to be a person they're not. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I totally agree with the :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Bolar Bolabi said:
I was talking on experiences which has worked for me and I do believe chocolates are a good idea.

You're a girl, right? Let me ask you a few questions.

Would you say no to chocolates? I don't think so.
If someone gave you chocolates, regardless of how big or how small, would you not feel a buzz inside yourself? I don't think so.

I've never had a problem with giving the girl chocolates on a first date. They loved it because they weren't expecting it and it was a surprise to them and made them cheerful.
i wouldn't say no but for a first date it could be a bit intimidating. i would think it was sweet but a bit much. on a first date you're still trying to get to know each other and see how your personalities mesh. i'm not looking to get romanced on a first date, as long as it seems like you put some thought into our date, whether that includes flowers and chocolates or not, i'd be impressed.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts