Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was remembering back to the 2004 Aus Open, where he played that epic against Sargsian, and won, then was up early against Federer in the next round, but from then on in was thrashed. Does anyone know what's happened to him? When did he lst play the Aus Open?

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
Todd Reid :)

no idea where is him...
maybe he is selling hot dogs at the Aus Open Court 12 entrance :lol:

Reactions: JustJames

·
Registered
388 Posts
He hasn't officially "retired" but it's looking unlikely that he'll ever play again. He got injured a couple of times but (according to some other threads) he has some personal problems (drugs were mentioned...but I'd hate to tar him with that brush). There is obviously something more to his absence than just an injury, because no-one in Aussie tennis circles ever speaks of him. Shame cos he had real talent...

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
was practising in sydney for a while with kadir in recent weeks... is on the entry list for a monday start ozF7... we'll see i guess...

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
His name is Todd Reid. In March he actually looked like coming back to the tour, he won 8 consecutive matches in a futures on clay in Spain (4 in qualifying and 4 in the main draw) before losing the final to Javier Genaro-Martinez. Due to this result he has a ranking in singles (1006). He hasn't played any matches since but it looks like he can still play tennis.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Well looking at the Gympie qualy draw the number seed is ranked 1404, so perhaps Todd Reid got direct entry, or got given a wildcard. The other possibility is that he just pulled out which is most likely of the three.

Either way we will find out tommorow when the Gympie futures draw comes out.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Hes been directly accepted into Gympie and plays this afternoon, hes drawn Joshua Crowe in the first round, the world number 1001.

His quarter of the draw looks like this:

1 Colin Ebelthite v Adam Hubble
Todd Reid v Joshua Crowe
Q Zach Itzstein v Q Mark Mccook
7 Myles Blake v Q Stephen Hoh

I think he can pick up a first round victory and will have a tight match with Ebelthite. Hopefully he plays the rest of the Australian futures in October and builds his ranking high enough to enter some challengers next year.

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts
The guy played some Futures in Spain earlier in the year and wasn't very successful, so I'd be shocked if he can make a dent in these stronger Aussie Futures.

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts
He played one, qualified and lost in the final.
My memory failed me, as I forgot he reached the final in one. But he also lost in qualies of another one, and got crushed by Pere Riba, who wasn't in good form at that time.

But I'll admit, reaching the final was a good result. Still, I'm sceptical about his return to the top.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
He played Joshua Crowe in the first round and lost 2-6 7-6(8) 6-4. Looks like he had match points. disappointing but Im happy to see him back.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
ahhh he was the talk of aussie tennis for a while

shame he has just fallen away

i hope he can come back...maybe tennis australia could chuck him a couple of qualies WC's or something

A

·
0 Posts
My memory failed me, as I forgot he reached the final in one. But he also lost in qualies of another one, and got crushed by Pere Riba, who wasn't in good form at that time.

But I'll admit, reaching the final was a good result. Still, I'm sceptical about his return to the top.
I'd imagine it would, you must have so many results stored in that brain of yours I'm surprised it doesn't go into overload:yeah:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts