Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,919 Posts
it's interesting that the tournament opens next week and some players on the entry list (such as Thiem) will likely still be competing in New York. I guess they have to set concrete dates before the MD comes out.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The qualifications start on Monday (until Tuesday) and the main draw on Tuesday.
As it is happening during second week of the US Open, they delayed it by one day to allow players who were out in the first three round of the US Open to arrive on time in Austria.
So I guess, we will have the draw of the qualifications tonight
And one thing is for sure now : Thiem won't be allowed to defend his title :cool:

·
Registered
12,294 Posts

·
justice for all
18,021 Posts
They decided to postpone the start of the tournament until Dominic is still in the USO draw and decides whether to play it or not. ;)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,919 Posts
They decided to postpone the start of the tournament until Dominic is still in the USO draw and decides whether to play it or not. ;)
well I guess given no crowd and no Madrid tournament they can do this.
I heard Kei is playing so there will be something for me to look forward to at this event.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
forecast looks surprisingly decent for next week, so they actually could get away with it. i'll be in the remote area next week, wonder if i could sneak in for some matches. ^^

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
well I guess given no crowd and no Madrid tournament they can do this.
I heard Kei is playing so there will be something for me to look forward to at this event.
NO they can't. After cancellation of Madrid, Rome moved one week earlier and starts immediately after Kitzbuhel.

However in meantime the last trio that is still alive at USO withdrew from Kitzbuhel. Fritz did the same.

However, Thompson as alternate went in and now he is the only one remaining with double entry ...

Reactions: MWW
1 - 10 of 10 Posts