Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last result was a final in Tiburon Challenger, 64 in third set loss to Tommy Paul. Nothing since.
Injured? Burned out? something else?

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
:( it’s very sad what he had to suffer these years...hope he will come back and finally get where he belongs, top 10

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
He did have another injury I heard.

Man, he looked good in that Challenger also... such a talent.

·
F***ing have it
17,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Around March or so Kokkinakis had only just resumed light exercise after contracting glandular fever. That's the last update I heard, maybe he's just decided to wait until 2021.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Around March or so Kokkinakis had only just resumed light exercise after contracting glandular fever. That's the last update I heard, maybe he's just decided to wait until 2021.
Can confirm this is the case, he’s living about five minutes from me so I see him at the shops etc sometimes - decided with covid etc it wasn’t worth the risk so he’s setting himself up for a big 2021
(Side note - how is a tennis player who’s hardly played in the last five years driving around in a brand new Porsche lol)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can confirm this is the case, he’s living about five minutes from me so I see him at the shops etc sometimes - decided with covid etc it wasn’t worth the risk so he’s setting himself up for a big 2021
(Side note - how is a tennis player who’s hardly played in the last five years driving around in a brand new Porsche lol)
His father has an engineering firm j adelaide right? Large construction contracts can be pretty lucrative. Plus t.a pays alot of money for the top players to train which generally covers the cost of living, especially if youre not travelling to tournaments (however, i dont know how far this extends during injury periods)

·
Registered
174 Posts
His father has an engineering firm j adelaide right? Large construction contracts can be pretty lucrative. Plus t.a pays alot of money for the top players to train which generally covers the cost of living, especially if youre not travelling to tournaments (however, i dont know how far this extends during injury periods)
Yeah Trevor is pretty wealthy afaik, just interesting to see a guy who’s hardly played in five years swan around in a new Porsche with a new beachfront house and model girlfriend whilst players outside the top 100 from less wealthy counties can’t seem to afford coaches or basic living necessities on the road
Lloyd Glasspool is another player who seems to swan around living a lavish lifestyle whilst not being anywhere near the top 300, another country with a cash heavy Federation

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Wow can we become bffs so I visit you and I can flirt with him? Please

·
justice for all
16,860 Posts
Wherever he is he'd rather be in Paris right now instead of banging anyone's girlfriend.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'd be surprised if TA's financial support is enough for anyone to live a lavish lifestyle and it's probably decreased because he's perpetually sick/injured.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Wherever he is he'd rather be in Paris right now instead of banging anyone's girlfriend.
But you can do both simultaneously except this year due to bubble. Although there is always hotel staff...

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Yeah Trevor is pretty wealthy afaik, just interesting to see a guy who’s hardly played in five years swan around in a new Porsche with a new beachfront house and model girlfriend whilst players outside the top 100 from less wealthy counties can’t seem to afford coaches or basic living necessities on the road
Lloyd Glasspool is another player who seems to swan around living a lavish lifestyle whilst not being anywhere near the top 300, another country with a cash heavy Federation
Well, he is only 24 and amassed $1.5m in prize money - obviously there's tax and various outlays but still that is a considerable sum. Potentially more significant, he is sure to have bagged one or more cushty endorsements several years ago.

There are average joes sleazing around working in sales jobs driving around in a Porsche, so it's hardly that big of a deal. The house is another matter, but it could quite feasibly still be his. If not, it could be one of his father's investment properties. It could be a joint purchase, too. Any number of things, but it doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
What makes you think he would be interested in you? 🤔
Flirting with someone doesn’t mean you’re going to be successful

1 - 20 of 27 Posts