Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has he retired ? he tried to come back after his hip surgery but he apparently failed his come back. Any news ? When will we see him again ?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Seems strange really. One minute Gonzo was a regular on the tour and bam, injuries set in and ruin it all. Pretty sensible to end the season early to save his body for 2012, for one last push.

Have to wonder if he'll make a genuine serious effort at getting back near the top 50 or so, or if it'll be just a farewell kinda thing. We know all about all those injuries, but motivation must have also taken a massive hit by now.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
He was coming back, played the USO and Wimbledon, and planning to play the indoor season in Europe, but he tore a leg muscle during Davis Cup so he's out again. He didn't look that good when he was playing, but he's had great results in Australia so one can only hope he can do so again.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Andy Roddick got in a pretty good racquet smash in today's match against Murray (that's probably the only good hit he had the whole match) and the commentator was waxing poetic about how Gonzo is the expert. *sniff* Hope he'll be back.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
He's done, just resting and getting treatment. I'm going to miss him. IMHO I liked him more than Verdasco on the basis that he had a better attitude and more confidence in himself. This is one of the few players I will truly miss unfortunately.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
If only he didn't choke to Olderer in AO 2007 final :sad:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
in AO 2007 , Federer was a really beast , his best performance in slams.

gonzo made a great australian open
He broke Federer, and was 5-4; 40-15 on his serve, that's what he meant by the choke.

I mean, yeah, that was depressing, but I'm more than sure perhaps the result would have probably been Federer coming out in 4 sets, even if poor Gonzo won that set, given Federer's ridiculous accuracy and efficiency in that tournament.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
get well soon, Gonzo :hug:

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where is Gonzalez ??

He seems to have vanished into the air...he tried to come back after his hip surgery but he failed and I have no news about it. Has he retired ? Any idea ?

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
He must have indeed "vanished into the air". I did a Google search on him and all I could come up with was that he would return to Belgrade for "the start of the end of my career". Then his Wimbledom results were given from this year and that was it :shrug: I hate that because I really enjoyed watching him play, but while it wasn't actually written I got the feeling we have seen the end of Gonzo :sad:

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Poor Fena, it shows how it is difficult to comeback after a hip surgery. Hewitt and Nalby could talk about it even if both of them managed to win a tourney when they come back (Halle for Hewitt, Washington for Nalby)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Yeah Tommy Haas came back and won Tournaments after 3 shoulder surgeries, but he hasn't won a Tournament since he had that hip surgery :sad: In fact he hasn't even played that much since he came back and his results haven't been great so I would say that hip surgery must be really bad for a tennis player!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts