• All the same

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He beat the GOAT at Wimbledon, a tournament he has won 7 times and came back fighting after failing to lose the match. He was on a GS losing streak, having inexplicably thrown away so many matches. The pressure was huge. Him and Roger played exceptional tennis. Do you think it is his best win?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The #1.

Did you look at his face? He was crying.
This is easily by far its best Slam victory.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts
Most definitely it is the biggest. :) Second would be the 5-setter against Rafa at AO 2012 and I would say in third place is the US Open final against Rafa in 2011..

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
His first Slam is probably the most special one for him but given the circumstances, I don't know how he would have recovered had he lost the match especially in the winning position he was in in the 4th set.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Definitely his best and most important win, since it comes after a big crysis in his career and should give him a lot of confidence for the hard-court season. The fact that it was Wimbledon and that Federer fought so hard made it special.

In my opinion this was the best slam final in a long time too.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
As far as quality of play, the entirety of 2011 is better.

As far as drama, only USO 2011 and AO 2012 are better.

Overall I'd rank it 3rd, behind the above two.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The #1.

Did you look at his face? He was crying.
This is easily by far its best Slam victory.
Yep, Nole just said on BBC this:

'It was my biggest Slam victory, at Wimbledon against Roger in 5 set'.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
What is Roger's record against Nole in 5 setters? Has he won any? :D

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
If I were to guess:

1. Wimbledon 2014
2. Australian Open 2008
3. Wimbledon 2011
4. U.S. Open 2011
5. Australian Open 2012
6. Australian Open 2013
7. Australian Open 2011

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, Nole just said on BBC this:

'It was my biggest Slam victory, at Wimbledon against Roger in 5 set'.
Yeah I thought he would view it that way. Hopefully this means his mental lapses will stop happening :worship:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
0-3, held 2 match points in those 2 defeats at the US Open.
Yeah... who can forget those. He almost got it to 5 in that FO semi too. But yea. When it goes to 5, Roger is not reliable at all against players like Nole or Rafa

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
He beat the GOAT at Wimbledon, a tournament he has won 7 times and came back fighting after failing to lose the match. He was on a GS losing streak, having inexplicably thrown away so many matches. The pressure was huge. Him and Roger played exceptional tennis. Do you think it is his best win?
Probably, especially for the second half of his career. Beating Roger, especially for him, in this Wimbledon final should give Novak great conficence to win a few more slams, at least. Though their H-H is very close, I think that Novak fears Roger the most, even when he wins.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Yeah... who can forget those. He almost got it to 5 in that FO semi too. But yea. When it goes to 5, Roger is not reliable at all against players like Nole or Rafa
Roger is 6 year older than Nole and 5 year older than Rafa.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Definitely his best and most important win, since it comes after a big crysis in his career and should give him a lot of confidence for the hard-court season. The fact that it was Wimbledon and that Federer fought so hard made it special.

In my opinion this was the best slam final in a long time too.
TRUE, and very well stated! I doubt that even Nadal could have beat Roger today.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
The biggest. This could turn his career around.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Federer's best years were 2004-2007, down in 08, came back in 09 then every other year .... 2013, 2011 bad. 2012, 2014 good.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts